1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by eric, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was sent a reduction to the 26 yard line but did not receive it until after I had competed in a shoot at the 27. At that shoot, I shot well enough to get a 1/2 yard punch and the ATA Shooter Info Center now puts me at the 26.5 yard line.

Question - When does (did) the reduction take place and did I shoot from the wrong yardage and therefore need to forefit any option money I may have won?

Eric

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You should be punched from where you shot the score. If you check with the ATA office you should be on the 27.

Don

3. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

If you shot from the 27 and earned a punch, the reduction is void. I can't quote the exact rule but there is a section in the book which speaks of this situation. The Shooter Information Center is faster than the mail. When the scores from your last shoot reach the ATA office, the SIC will be corrected.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You can't have shot from the wrong yardage unless you were aware of your correct yardage before you shot. Your reduction will be voided. Your at 27 plus the 1/2 yard.

Congratulations.

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Hey, BigM, does that mean Eric has to stand on the back half of the 27 yard square? ;)

I think that the proper phrase is: You are still at the 27 yard line with an honorary punch.

Jason

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I think he should bank his punches... *snort*

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Eric- The reduction becomes effective when you receive it in the mail. You shot from the 27 before you received the reduction and that was your proper yardage. You earned yardage on the 27 before you received the reduction and that nullified the offered reduction. Your correct yardage is 27. Call the ATA office and ask for Kathy. This can quickly be resolved.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.