1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction Cards

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The ATA does not make mistakes. Be a man and take your reduction. HMB

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

otnot- I believe the H code (2 yr hold on reductions) was reascended last August. Your 1/2 yd punch in Oct. would negate the reduction. With the reduction you should have received a notice that states if you earned a punch in the last 1000 targets, the reduction indicated on your new card is nullified.

Pat Ireland

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Pat - I believe you are correct is stating the reduction would not apply since the punch score was shot before receiving the reduction, thus the punch would be apply and as he stated the review process started over.

But you comment regarding the H code is not correct. I personally have had that on my card for a couple of years. I have average far less than the required averages to be able to receive a reduction. However I just received my new card and I am still on 27 regardless of warranted reductions. I know you have supported the ruling regarding the 2 year period without reductions. But I for one have been totally against it. Why do we continually want to penalize those that have not won anything when we do not penalize the top shooters. Maybe you feel honored to not receive a reduction, but I, and many more, feel penalized without the benefit of winning anything.

If you really support the sport than I believe you shoud support the total elimination of a rule than only penalizes a few mediocre shooters while discregarding the gifted (or should I say professional) shooter. - Jim

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Jim, here's what happened to the H code. If it put you too far back for too long, call your delegate. If he/she agrees you can have it cancelled. The delegate asks the CHC and they do it. There are lots of people in your boat and I hope they start saving themselves.

Neil

5. bas

bas Member

All I know, is I finally got my LONG awaited reduction the other day....2 years and 4 months! Once you hit the two year mark, you have to shoot another 1000 targets to generate the review. Anyway...I thank the trap gods and will be standing proudly on the 26, next shoot!

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Yeah I got one the other day as well, unfortunately I had a couple of punches during the review cycle so the reduction was void. At least one of those punches was on the ATA website shooter info and in their database before the review date so WHY did their computer based review even print out a reduction??
    --- Chip King ---

7. Neil Winston

Betty, that's not the way it is supposed to work. When the H code goes away, your counter is supposed to read whatever it reads. Thanks for telling us; now it can be fixed.

Neil

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Is there any place in the ATA website to see where a person is in the 1000 target review cycle?

Bill

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Neil my 2 year period ended with the Grand. My averages the past year for well over the 1,000 mark have been below required reduction numbers. I have only shot a couple hundred this year. Just received a 27 yard card again. ??
    - Jim

10. Neil Winston

Betty, if you waited two years and four months, yours arrived on schedule or close to it. You were reviewed in April and hit your thousand in the new target year.

Jim, your counter should be on about 800, but check with the office, OK?

Neil

11. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Neil - I am still confused. I have shot over 5,000 since I last received a punch. And the averages have been continually under the punch requirement. As I have stated all along I feel the 2 year rule, or any rule whatsoever, that
    is counter to the old system of 1,000 target reviews is detrimental to the sport. We are trying to eliminate sandbaggers. They are not a big problem and those very very few that cheat should not have a detrimental effect on the balance of our membership. - Jim

12. Neil Winston

OK, Jim Elliott, I get you now. The thing is you have been reviewed, the last time was in early July and you didn't get a reduction because of the H code. But now your counter is at 800 and assuming your two years are up, you will get a reduction when you shoot your next 200 if you haven't already.

I think the H code is wrong too, but I couldn't get it eliminated. But I did get it modified from "cannot be removed" to "can be removed on request" and that's a big difference.

Neil

13. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

The "Y" code should be looked at also. If a person has reached the 27 yard line and then gets reduced, over a few years and a few thousand targets to the 24 yard line, and continues to recieve no punches and shoots below the punch requirement average, they are in purgatory. Why continue to shoot when you want to shoot good scores, and are not able to do so, because you are shooting at a yardage that, even though you shot one or two good scores there five years ago, now you are not competitive? Let them move closer until they start hitting targets again. Why is the "Y" code a lifetime code? Unless you are a vetern you can be stuck shooting at yardage that you can't compete at for a lot of years!

C E Demulling

14. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

Ditto on what C E Demulling said. The "Y" code is a joke!

15. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Mr. Demulling - I totally agree with you. But for the life of me our delegates seem to believe all are potential sandbaggers, or something of that nature.

My personal opinion, although I admit is biased. If we were to implement mandatory reductions over 80% of our fine delegates would be on the 24 yard line and that would hurt their ego's.

Neil - Again not to be augumentative, but why would I have been reviewed in July. The H code applied. But if you look at my scores, for let me say 2,000
    targets, prior to the Grand you might see I had a very low average. Therefore I believe I should have automatically received a reduction. WHY should I have to shoot another 200? If 800 counted then why not the other scores?

And I might add, I do not feel it my responsibility to be bothering our delegate for what I am entitled to. - Jim

16. Neil Winston

I think the Y code is junk too.

Jim, I'll see what can be done. It depends on the exact wording of the original motion (I voted against it) and what can be done within it's bounds.

And the rest of you: If you want changes, get a vote at the state shoot to bind your delegate to making a motion. Make it "to the effect that" rather than word of word. I find myself defending myself here when I was the only person who took on the task of weakening the H-code and now Jim is making me out to be a bad guy. OK, you get your delegate to do something.

Remember, TS.com talks exclusively to itself. Typing here is not changing rules; changing rules is changing rules. They are completely different things.

Neil

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good move Neil! Hap

18. chipking

chipking TS Member

HELP !!! At the risk of appearing even dimmer than I already am. (a feat in itself) where do I find this counter that has been referenced several times in the handicap review cycle. I have been all over the website and in my summary but can find no reference to how far along I am in the review cycle.
    Thanks
    --- Chip King ---

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jim Elliott- It would appear that the computer reviewed your handicap status in July and found an H code. That review would start your counter back to 0. Also when you stated " I do not feel it my responsibility to be bothering our delegate for what I am entitled to" indicates you do not understand the role of your delegate. And, there seems to be a disagreement between you and the computer about what you are entitled to.

chipking- The only place I have seen the counter for each shooter is on the average disks that are used for classification at larger shoots.

Pat Ireland

20. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

First - Neil I am not trying to make you out a bad guy. I simply do not understand the rules. Why would I have had a review in July. I have been H coded for almost 2 years prior to that. That said I simply do not understand why the July review would be the effective start of my next 1,000 targers.

Second - I would like to know who originated the 2 year H code. I did not see it in the minutes (possibly my error or ignorance). I believe that person should be known to all of us.

Third - Pat I do not understand you comments. See my first paragraph. And you comment "The only place I have seen the counter for each shooter is on the average disks that are used for classification at larger shoots" leaves me totally lost to what you are saying, and further what the h--- does that have to do with target reviews??

If appears to me we have a system that we cannot understand, administered by those that seemingly don't understand it either. And yes Pat it appears I have a disagreement with the computer. Somebody please explain what the h--
    the computer has to do with the 1,000 target rule if it is not adhered to. Maybe I am a complete dunce, but then it appears I am not alone. - Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.