1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reducing perceived weight of trap guns.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Another thing to try if your gun feels too heavy and slow to move is to add weight to the buttstock. This changes the balance of the gun and actually makes it feel lighter and easier to maneuver. I know that this may seem counterintuitive (sorry for the big word), but give it a try.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Add a magnet to the barrel and wear an iron collar

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have to second what Biff says. When I used to run 5 miles a day, carrying a 5 lb. weight in each hand, the bar of soap, in the shower after the run, hardly weighed anything.

LOL

JON

4. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Bowflex, wow I sure would like to have one of those or even the space to set one up in!

For those of us that are on a limited income, with limited space or even those that are just tight, you might try something like this if you haven’t already.

Go to one of of your cheep stores and purchase an inexpensive “Mag-Lite” with a body smaller than the ID of the muzzle of your shotgun..... Take out your ol’ trusty shotgun, install the body of the “Mag-Lite” in the muzzle, that is if you can, you may have to use a little tape to sung it up, turn on the light and rotate the lens until the light is at it’s smallest setting..... Now with the muzzle pointed at the corner of the opposite wall where the two walls intersect, slowly shoulder the gun while keeping the light in the seam of the wall corner about 3 ½ ft above the base board (this is you hold point).

Hold this for 5 seconds..... Keeping the light centered in the vertical seam, slowly & smoothly raise the muzzle to the horizontal seam where the ceiling intersects the wall, now slowly swing the muzzle left along that seam keeping the light centered in the seam for approximately 5 - 10 ft and then reverse to the right past the vertical seam and approximately 5 - 10 ft to the right, also keeping the light centered in the seam.

Un-mount the gun, take 3 or 4 deep breaths over 15 seconds and re-shoulder the gun while maintaining the beam of light centered in your hold point as before and repeat this routine a minimum of 100 times each night.

If you shoot more than 100 targets at the range then increase your routine to match..... This little routine should help to keep you from becoming fatigued in the last round of 25 targets for that 100 straight you have been looking for again.

This simple routine will help increase your stamina for any shooting discipline, just practice with what you shoot.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Lkn4rocks I have been doing that. I must say it worked out great for me. A good workout program home or gym is a plus. Remind you, When doing posted routine you are with out a doubt targeting the exact muscle groups. I had a small area just inside my shoulder blade that would catch fire after 75 80 rounds in a match. I work out regularly but still getting that burn. I started to practice my mount and things got better. I later added doing the opposite side to my routine. I can shoot pretty good on other side now But can only do it with one eye open on opposite side. I will do this more often when a shoot is comeing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.