1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reducing grip to trigger distance?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Is there any kind of covering you can put on a grip to reuce the distance between the grip & the trigger, may have to get 1/4" closer. Doesn't have to be a covering, maybe a phenolic extension, similar to the material used on a grip cap. Thanks.

Lou

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Bondo could work.

Eric

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Copied from another thread:

I have the conventional MX3 not the Special and it shoots Top barrel first. I don't need a selector or an adjustable trigger but I am planning on trading just the trigger (not the assembly) with a buddy who has a trigger that sets further back in the trigger guard and figuratively reduces the LOP. The LOP is actually just right but the way my hand fits the pistol grip of the stock, sometimes only the tip of my finger contacts the trigger and I don't like that. Does anyone know if this trigger part is available as a stock item ??

I wrapped some tennis racket tape around the pistol grip and it makes the grip less slippery and provides a 'poor man's palm swell' but does not do a thing for fixing the distance between the grip and the trigger.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

simple answer, yes, their is a grip pad made that glues on the grip. Unfortunately, I don't recall who makes it...

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Lou- You did not mention what type of gun. If it happens to be a K-80, you can loosen one screw and slide the trigger forward of back.

Pat Ireland

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Pat Laib and Tom Larkin have both done triggers for me.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I used this expoxy to build up my PFS to shorten the grip length increase the palmswell and ended up with custom molded fingergrip to boot. A quality stock man or fine woodwooker could inlay an extension or dove tail joint it. sorry no pics at this time

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

also wenig could make you a semi inletted stock with a reduced grip length. Simular<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0040-2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> to the New American stock ladies model

9. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Brownell's used to carry the grip adapter that you are looking for, it comes in several thicknesses. I had them on my Brownings. Call the tech center, and they will help you.

Kip

10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

distance between trigger and grip in handgun terminology

distance between trigger and stock grip

how to tell distant to trigger on a pistol