1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reduced recoil mechanism?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lawsond, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawsond

lawsond TS Member

First, thanks to all for replying to my questions about Ithaca/Perazzi and the value of my TM-1. Ed Y, thanks for identifying the model of it, as I never knew what to call it!

I also remembered that my grandfather said he'd put a recoil reducer in the stock of the TM-1. I remember him calling it a "mercury recoil reducer." Is my memory correct, or did I make that up?

I have a couple of other questions if anyone would like to share their expertise or experience... I said my wife was interested in shooting that TM-1 (it was in our counversations that I remembered the "mercury recoil reducer"), and I wondered about reduced recoil loads. Grandpa reloaded and I helped, but I never remember him producing reduced recoil loads. Can anyone comment on them for the ladies or youth? I can't afford a 28 gauge right now, and I've been told that's a good one for the boys or my wife, but I can afford a case of shells. Can anyone recommend a brand or source for good reduced recoil loads?

Lastly, otnot mentioned doing something to the release trigger that sounded fairly simple, but I'm no gunsmith. Is there an online source of information about how to do such a procedure as "releasing the hook" to make a release trigger a pull trigger? If not, I'm fairly close to Indiana Gun Club in Indianapolis--could they do the work well? I hear good things about them, and I assumed they had some kind of custom or repair shop, but it's been a long time since I've been there...

Thank you!

DL

2. gun fitter

gun fitter Well-Known Member

Winchester makes a load called Feather lite. Any 7/8 oz 12 ga load should do the lower the velocity the better but hey all kick less than any 1 1/8 oz load.

joe

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

DL,

A 2 3/4 dram 1 oz load will have little kick. The Indiana gun club can probably change the trigger from release to pull, takes about 20 seconds. If you find a Perazzi shooter at a gun club, they can probably change it also.

Don

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Grandpa was not pulling your chain about the mercury recoil reducer. Most common one is called a dead mule. Murray

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Well-Known Member

I do not remember the particulars of your first thread but a TM-1 that fits you may be the answer to reducing felt recoil. If it hasn't already been suggested, you might consider visiting a good, professional, stock fitter and having your gun fitted to your size and shape.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.