1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduced Price FS Ljutic 73 Like New

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by biff, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Probably the nicest Ljutic 73 I have ever seen! I am listing this for a friend who has no computer, so calls will be referred to his phones for more info than I can give or to contact him personally. Darrell Smith, home Phone # 270-526-5990 his Cell# 270-999-1923. Asking price $2495.NEW PRICE $2195

For sale is a 73 Ljutic serial # 1191 and is in as new condition. A 34" ported barrel .740 bore with .705 constriction full choke unaltered fixed choke. The LOP is 14 3/8" and my pictures don't do this gun justice, take a look!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That first picture is Darrell and yes he's a leftie but the gun has a straight stock so it swings both ways plus it has a Greycoil recoil reducer professionally fitted to the stock. If you know Darrell, you know his guns have to be perfect and he takes tender care of them! Thanks for looking!

I spoke with Darrell last night. He has reduced his price to $2195 on this beautiful 73 Ljutic which is like a brand new gun! I personally wish someone would buy it as needs to be out on the firing line breaking clays like it was designed to do. Call him today @ 270-526-5990 Thanks, Biff

2. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

Biff,

Glad to see you are still staying busy...haven't heard/seen you on here for some time. Happy Holidays!!!

JON

4. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

0   0   0

Have seen a few Ljutics at the trap range.

Know they are a custom made high quality trap gun.

Will you please enlighten me some more about this particular model and whether it would be suitable for a lefty who shoots mostly from the 16 yard line ?

Am currently shooting Browning BT-99, Perazzi TM1, Remington 90-T, Krieghoff KX-5, and vintage Ithaca single-shots for comparison purposes -- if that helps in your explanations, descriptions, and/or comparisons.

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

As long as the stock has a neutral cast it will be fine for you as a lefty. I'm a lefty and I prefer my Ljutic over the other guns you listed.

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

These guns were produced as a low cost anternative to the Mono-gun. When Ljutic realized they cost as much to produce as the MonoGun, they were discontinued. Pretty much the same gun, but the forend lock-up is different.

7. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Hi Jon, hope you are enjoying your retirement and getting to do all the things you have time to do! Not shooting again this winter as last, but hopefully in April I'll get my Ljutic out of mothballs!

Bazooka, thanks for clarifying that all 73 were 33", if that is true then this must be one of the custom 73's a 34" model. My Centennial is a 33" as were many of the Olympic Rib Ljutics. Also now as then, you can buy a Ljutic to your specification in 32,33,and 34" barrels and other specifications. That is the advantage of a small company which can custom build a gun to your spefications with in reason and not a gun off the rack. Biff

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nice looking 73...has the checkering on the butt been sanded down?...and FYI my 73 is 33".....and has the same choke constriction as the onw pictured. Should be a very nice shooter with the Gracoil unit....wish it were north of the border.

9. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I don't think the checking is sanded down, may have been my photography or stock may have been refinished, I'll ask Darrell when I can catch up with him.
    Biff

10. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Just went out and checked my wife's 73. #1006 Some were marked X-73

33 1/2" Barrel

Completly differnt style forearm and checkering pattern.

I don't think Al ever made two the same

Jim R

11. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

This nice 73 is still for sale, his last pending sale didn't work out. Sure is a nice 73. Biff

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My 73 had the exact same forend and checkering on it from the factory....with a "wood upgrade"...

13. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I'm sure this gun has the wood upgrade as pretty as it and alot loving care!

14. citadel

citadel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

An excellent buy and a great gun. I have a couple of them and some other Ljutic models and frankly there is really no difference in performance or durability between the inexpensive 73 or the more expensive Ljutic models. The 73 will break as many 25's as you can shoot without any problem.
    Doug

15. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

citadel,

My Dynokic would shoot rings around my X73. I wish I had either gun still. But, my KX5 was one heck of a gun out of the box. Ljutic is still one great gun...no matter what model. How is that for undecided?

Bernie

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

Up for a great classic gun; another "other" Ljutic. Wish I had the bucks...open to any trades?

Thanks,

David

17. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

18. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

0   0   0

PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.