1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Redlands

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doubles Xpert, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Now who in the heck did you piss off ?? HA HA !!

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

DX ... this case is not a joke!

This is a nutjob who has been at it for many years!

He first started his poison pen stuff attacking Officers of Tri County Trap Club.

He even went so far as to make death threats against some of us. His favorite targets were Butch Watson, Bob Slough and myself.

Eventually, everyone saw through his crazyness and ignored him ... so Terry became his new target.

Eventually he will be found out ... and I would love to be the one who gets a chance to be locked in a room with him for about 10 minutes ... just so that I could teach him the error of his ways. I promise that I would not hurt him tooooo much!

3. In plain view

In plain view Member

Doubles Xpert: If your tryng your hand at humor, don't. Your stupid comment was uncalled for. I've been on the receiving of this clowns comments and as Ahab stated, it's no joke. The writer has been able to dodge the identity bullet for a long time but maybe one day we will get lucky and find out who this person is, male or female and deal with it then. I'm behind Terry 100%.
    Bob in Los Angeles

4. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Sorry Guys, It was my (poor Attempt at injecting humor into a bad situation) My Appoligies !

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

While I haven't been around trapshooting nearly as long as many involved in this, I do know that Terry has always treated me very well and I have ALWAYS enjoyed shooting at Redlands. I have never had a bad time shooting at his club, whether it is practice or ATA. That is a pretty impressive record in my mind.

One time I grabbed an old checkbook on my way out the door and paid my shoot fees with that check. Of course it bounced and I had no idea. The next month Terry was very calm about it and explained what happened and I luckily had cash in my pocket to pay the fees for both shoots. It was an honest mistake on my part and while he could have been a real jerk about the whole thing, he treated me like one of the guys. That told me what kind of person he is and I have looked forward to shooting at his place every time.

There is personality conflict in all sports and hobbies. And jealousy is a very ugly thing when you are competing at the highest levels. I consider Terry and the crew at Redlands as "the good guys" and hope the BS eventually comes to an end.

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Hang in there Terry. This P.O.S. is going to screw up and make a mistake one of these days and then you can have him neutered (cut his nuts off). All the people in the know are behind you.

Kevin

7. dustinthewind

dustinthewind Active Member

Can you get the FBI or the postal authority involved, since they used the U.S. mail?

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Shot my best scores at Redlands. Looking forward to getting my copy of the letter... always want to know where I rank. Most of us know who the author is, but can't prove it. Que lstima! Terry has always treated me well. Fred

9. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

As a recipient and a subject of these horrid and vile letters let me interject some facts into this discussion. These letters are not directed at Terry, in fact they are attacks on CGSTA members and CGSTA Board Members. They are also including individuals from neighboring states. These letters, championing Terry and Redlands, began arriving about 4 to 5 years ago. In these letters members of the CGSTA Board were called horrid names and remarks were made concerning parentage, questionable marriages, career choices, and general malicious content. Many attempts were made to identify this author and find the source of these letters. The letter writer used the moniker 'Friends of Redlands", "Concerned Shooters of California", and "Concerned Shooters of Redlands Shooting Park". The whole content and purpose of these letters seemed to be to tout the virtues of Redlands and Terry, ( Just a note here I do not have any problem with either)and how bad the CGSTA was treating him. This is a LIE. Each time the writer would make statements against the CGSTA, its Board members and its members and claim that we as a group were out to hurt Redlands and Terry. Another LIE.

This writer had no trouble slamming and bad mouthing CGSTA members and directors, but at no time did he/she have enough backbone or guts to sign his name. These letters started coming with alarming frequency, and each time the content got more and more foul. People who work very hard and never should have been mentioned in any negative form were drug through this person's poisonous agenda. Family members were being called horrible names and the attacks got very personal.

Through this all we, the Board of Directors of the CGSTA, tried to find a solution to this campaign. We urged people to not open these letters. Human curiosity being what it is, this did not work, I myself was guilty of opening letters as I began to find the author laughable, sad and twisted, but laughable. A reward was posted and for a while the letters seemed to stop, but that was short lived.

The latest round of letters that were mailed out were addressed not only to myself, (I am using myself as an example since I can only speak for myself) but to my entire family. The content of the last letter I received was so filthy and vile that if any other member of my family had read it, as was their right, as it was addressed to the "dumbass Hughes Clan", I would have been more sick than I was. I vowed right then and there to never open another letter.(Luckily I was left off the mailing list this last time). This writer gets his satisfaction by having the content of these letters talked about and dissected at every shoot or venue where shooters gather. He likes to see what fiction people are looking to believe. Here are some facts.

Fact: the CGSTA has no vendetta against Terry or Redlands. PERIOD...end of story.

Fact: ( this is my personal fact) I have never had or plan to have a vendetta against Terry, Jaque, or Redlands.

Fact: If you receive a letter and don't open it , you have no idea what is inside and you cannot talk about it and it cannot go any farther. It dies and the power of this author is thereby taken away.

Fact: If someone does or does not want to shoot at a certain venue for whatever reasons, that should be his/her own personal decision as is their right, as it is the right of any business owner to refuse service to anyone . (But in this day and age I really cannot see the wisdom in that action.)

Hopefully no more letters will be sent out. Hopefully people realize that the sport of shooting needs to be that, a SPORT, with all that sportsmanship implies. Hopefully if letters do continue the receiving parties will throw them away.

I sign my name as always

Kym Hughes

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

UP. Fred

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Kym ... just because you were mentioned in the poison pen letters does not make you an expert, nor anyone special in this a-holes eyes.

He hates everybody!

You must have missed some of his letters, because he badmouthed Terry and Jaque in some of them. Then he started after the CGSTA and some of the officials. He has broadesided many innocent and sweet guys and gals and in his demented mind who knows who is next.

Back up and reread my earlier post ... he has been doing this for many years.

12. white rattler

white rattler Member

Shit my name even made one or two of the letters. And I ask you what do this poor old Alberta boy ever do. Except call Terry a friend. Trevor Dawe.

13. JES

JES Member

I asked people to quit discussing reading a couple of years ago!! If they must read keep to them selves. Did not take long for me to go off the list to send to. The fact is they did hurt Redlands with some not shooting there for fear of the fallout. Redlands will always be my favorite place, have moved to South Carolina, left California that is the only reason for my not shooting. Surprising just met a guy today who left CA and talked about Redlands being the best he also shot alot at North Hollywood. I find it hard to believe anyone would pay attention to an unsigned letter no matter what the content. Sad to hear still such a problem. As you said trash them who cares when someone with so much input can not sign there name tells you what a putz, and when people quit reading and trash them what would be the point to continue. Hope the movement is to quit reading or discussing. Miss Redlands not California loving the south!!! Jan Slough

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

How come we have all this crap in California?

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Grunt ... California is the land of Fruits and Nuts ... and the women buy clothes 3 sizes too small, and bleach whatever hangs over!

:)

16. BILLMC

BILLMC Member

I have received these letters in the past and i threw them away, I shoot Southern,and central and I get along with everyone.
    We have enough problems with attendance at our shoots with the cost,fuel and ect.without this guy stirring the pot, so just throw them away and lets just shoot. Bill Mclain

17. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Ahab, (I am sorry what did you say your name was???), I never said I was an EXPERT?!?!? And I couldn't care less about being special in this quacks eyes. Where did you get that from my post? If you would like more of a response please sign your full name and then we can have a conversation.

The CGSTA is putting this crapola behind us. We are done with it! This year is going to be the 100 year anniversary of the California State shoot and we would like to put all of our energy into making it as special as it should be. Not may things can say 100th Annual in this day and age.

Simply throw the letters away and the power dies.

KYM HUGHES

CGSTA Secretary

18. trap72

trap72 Member

HEY! COULD THIS BE THE SAME PERSON THAT WAS WRITING BAD LETTERS TO TRI-COUNTY GUN CLUB MEMBERS WHEN THE CLUB WAS SHOOTING AT PRADO SHOOTING PARK, BACK IN 2004? 8 YEARS OR MORE WRITING LETTERS?

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Let's see; how many first class stamps add up to the cost of a new Perrazi or Kolar combo?

Food for thought, no calories.

David Buchman

Los Angeles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.