1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Redlands ATA October

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by pigkiller, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Hope my shooting improves enough by that time, LOL! I hope to see you and the gang, Terry--it's been awhile.

2. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Gold coins huh?---well Nate and I might just have to make the short 750 mile drive down there! That's if Kate has got her bull by then--she has a bull tag for our unit here at the house--unit 40. Can't miss a chance for a 360 plus bull elk.

Might just see us and thanks Terry for the heads up! Phil S.

3. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Flyer was out on the counter yesterday so it will probably be posted shortly on the CGSTA web site.

Looks to be a good weekend Terry. See you there for sure.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ooh. I might be able to make that one.

5. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Don't miss the BEST ATA shoot on the west coast. Redlands Rocks!!! Bob M.......

6. BD457

BD457 Member

Hmmmm..... I've been trying to get a grip on the whole ATA thing. My son is interested in competing and I thought I'd join him just for the whole "father son" thing. This would be our very first time ever to a competition. He's 11 years old. Is this a good starting event for us? We haven't joined ATA yet, should we wait and join there? any educating info would be GREATLY appriciated.
    bd457_2011_0309.jpg

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

BD457,

Any time you expose your son to this sport, you will be doing yourself and he a great service whether it is in competition or not. And Redlands is about the best place to start.

You can join ATA in several different ways, but the best way is to fill out the paperwork at Redlands and pay the fees there. I say this because the ATA is really slow in mailing out your membership information. Redlands can send it to them for you.

You'll pay $20 (each)for each of you to join the ATA, then you'll pay $7 (each) to pay for the CGSTA fees for the state of California. These fees are on top of the fees you will pay for actually shooting in the event. But the fees to join are once a year fees.

Have fun! Obviously you must be San Diego Charger fans.

Kevin

8. BD457

BD457 Member

Right you are on the San Diego spot. So...... bring my son, a couple guns, some ammo and a $100 bill and I should be good to go?

Being that it's our first event, We shoot from the 18 right? I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of the rule book.

9. Vickie

Vickie Member

BD457, I think kids can join for $12 ATA, and I think the State also has a reduced fee, you can check with the handicapper at the club. You will start on the 20 yard line and I think you son will start on the 19, unless that rule was changed this year.

You won't regret it. It is something that you can do together for a lifetime!

Hope to see you at the club.

Vickie

10. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

20 and 19 for HANDICAP, respectively. You can both shoot from the 16 yard line for singles and doubles, side by side, at no extra charge!!!

Wish my daughters had a greater interest in shooting with their dad; you are one lucky man. Both of my daughters are 10; we are collectively interviewing potential prom dates now; no sense waiting to the last minute.

Welcome to the world of the ATA; looking forward to seeing you there.

John Malcolm
    topsingledt10_2009_01071.jpg

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

John: You will need a K9 Rottweiler very soon for dating purposes. You know my standard poodle and the girls like her AND she is one tough dog. She will bite and WILL protect the girls... when needed. She is yours for the asking... the girls can even put nail polish on her with a tutu. In a few more years, Samantha can take the girls out for their first trap lesson. Fred

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

13. BD457

BD457 Member

Thanks John,
    I'll try and get Nick there for the interview. I'm not sure he's interested yet, but I'll remind him it's always good to keep your options open.

That week-end happens to be MY daughters 14th birthday, so I know I can't come up for the whole week-end, but we'll try and make it for one day at least.

Mike

14. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

Mike,

Several of my friends and I will be there Saturday. Regretfully, my daughters will not be.

Hope you can make it there Sat.

Typically, I'm the tallest guy there in a cowboy hat. (best looking, too!)

John

15. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

GAG! Fred

16. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Just a little info... For any Youth signing up for the ATA/CGSTA for the very first time in 2012 the CGSTA is giving them a 2 membership to the CGSTA (this is for the state dues only). Have a great time and hopefully your kids will be hooked for life..

Kym Hughes

CGSTA Secretary

17. BD457

BD457 Member

Thanks Kym,
    Although I don't understand, is it something I have to ask for is it automatic.

John, maybe if you show them a picture of Nick, they might come.

18. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

The first time Youth Shooters that signup this year with the CGSTA will pay $7.00. The sticker that the Youth receive will be good for a two year period. This reduced membership is for the the CGSTA only. As always the ATA fees for Youth Shooters will be $12.00

If you have any other questions please contact Kym Hughes..

Thanks James Hammond

19. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

Up, for one of my favorite places to shoot !

See you there! Rod

20. white rattler

white rattler Member

Terry, are you still throwing 500 doubles the first Wed of the month. I will be down south and I would like to come over for the first Wed in Dec. Will that work? Trevor Dawe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.