1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Redfield 6-18X Accutrac

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samer0214, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samer0214

samer0214 TS Member

Just bought an older Weatherby Mark V with a Redfield 6-18X Accutrac sope. Does anyone have an owner's manual for the SCOPE, they might want to sell, make a potocopy of, or know of a website I can download the manual from?

I've already searched the internet, and all I can find was somewhat rudimentaru information at www.abousa.com

Thanks - Samer

2. dphillips8191

dphillips8191 Member

You might try to contact redfield direct, I would think they could help you. Good luck

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I suspect that Leupold will not have any information but you could tyry them. They purchased Redfield a few years back but they do not produce the Accutrac.

4. samer0214

samer0214 TS Member

I've already tried that avenue. Leupold bought the Redfield name only, none of the tooling, no parts, no documents, etc. As a matter of fact, they clearly state on the Redfield website, that they don't support any Redfield manufactured prior to the year 2010.

5. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

I have an old redfield 4-12 accutrac. I have the user manual, and think that the basic instructions are the same, other than the magnification. I will look over the weekend and advise later for you. This scope does work, and I have used it for ranging. Leupold can not help.

6. samer0214

samer0214 TS Member

Maytag: Thank you so much. You're probably right, save for the magnification, the accutrac function should be the same.

Samer

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If I remember correctly- you turn the power magnification so that the two horizontal lines are from the top of the deer (on the lower power scopes) to the bottom of the deer- you then look at the yardage

now your scope might not have been designed for deer sized animals so the

In fact your scope might have been designated for the size of a praire dog or something- but if you search long enough someone can tell you

not sure but try the deer theory

Gene

8. TomB

TomB Member

samer.....I have one that I bought new. As I remember, you turn the power until the (2) lines are at the top and bottom of a deer's chest and read the yardage. The lines are supposed to span 18 inches (vertically),i.e...a deer's chest, or standing groundhog, etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.