1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Red-orange verses Lime Green fiber optics?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I HAVE TRIED BOTH AND I THINK YOU WILL LIKE THE GREEN BETTER-----------------SMOKIT

2. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

x2 on the green thing

Calgary Guy

3. ottis

ottis TS Member

green one... ottis

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Green, definately green ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I'm curious, exactly what are these supposed to help do?

I have green, orange and white available for my XT. The green and orange were so bright, my eyes kept going to the end of my barrel instead of the target. I ended up putting a small white one on and blacked it out. At least my eyes now go to the target.

Just wondering.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

starshot2b- Your post and the posts immediately prior to your post make it clear why several different colors are provided with each sight. I like the green sight and red automobiles. Others select different colors.

Pat Ireland

7. C H S

C H S TS Member

In my XT, I use the smallest lime green bead made ONLY when I'm shooting in the fog. Otherwise I take the light pipe out altogether. The little tunnel where the light pipe goes makes a good bead.

Andy

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

starshot2b,

If you shoot with one in place long enough you won't even be aware that you are seeing it, but you will be and you will see the target also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I get that eventually you might get used to it, but what is the purpose of it? What is it supposed to help you do? That question still remains.

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Some people will still use a sight no matter how wrong it is. I use the smallest green one on my XT. If some one took it out without my knowledge I probably wouldn't even notice for a while.

It is said that the brightness helps you to keep on target without directly looking at it. By that I suppose they mean you can see it but your not bead checking at the same time as you are looking at the target. Thats my guess. LOL

Bill

11. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

I, too, prefer green but I guess your eyes will determine which color is best for you.

12. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

I used to like green now I like orage for the orage targets - sometimes white for night shooting

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I think you should switch it out depending on the target color and background. And, make sure it is the right match. Keep looking at the bead to make sure it has the right contrast against the targets. It is sure to improve your scores. Jake

14. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

WPT said it right. And yes, green...Nubs Wagner

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A while back I bought a barrel that had the Hi Viz. After shooting it with the supplied orange pipe, I knew I wanted the Hi Viz on all my shotguns. I eventually wound up with the small green pipe on all my tournament arms.

As far as bead checking, one is simply going to have to acquire the discipline to keep looking at the target. Once this basic is acquired, the Hi Viz pipe is prominently seen in the peripheral vision and a bead check is not needed.

16. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Starshot;

I shoot at several places that have poor backgrounds and I used to lose the end of the gun barrel while making the shot. With the hy-viz in place I have a reference point for the end of my barrel in poor background conditions. Regardless what people tell you about not needing to see the end of the gun barrel you have to have this reference or how do you know what happened or where you we're if you miss a shot.

I agree with WPT in that if you use it long enough you will soon forget about it being on the gun and you will have more confidence in making a move to the target because your periferal vision won't lose the bead.

As far as color' Red.

Respectfully Ken

17. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

The only reason I put one on was becouse without it, I had to aim way below the bird.

It was the biggest thing that ever helped me.

Jamie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.