1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???RED-DOT Sights LEGITIMATE????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RidefastShootstraight, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

Hi, Has anyone tried shooting Trap with red dot sights? is it even legitimate?
    I have used Eotech on my trap gun and had some very good results, but not sure if it can be used in comps.
    thanks,
    Ridefastshootstraight

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have been tempted to install Berris quick bead on my 870, also put trap stock on it. Just to see how it works. just have not had the extra time for another project. I did not recall any rules about the types of sights used on your gun?

3. whos your daddy

whos your daddy TS Member

I have a very green Hi-Viz front site on both my trap guns as well as the rest of my shotguns. It gives me the same "look and feel" no matter which gun I am shooting. I get a lot of weird looks and funny comments from the folks at the trap range. Mostly in fun I might mention. I have often wondered about a red-dot type sight for shooting trap. I would also be interested if it were allowed in competition.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There have been a couple Tasco Pro Points around here recently, and Doc Hammes used to use 1X Weaver (reguar scope) on a Perazzi years ago.

I don't see any reason you can't use any sighting system you want.

HM

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, White or no sights. They are all allowed.....

As far as I know we don't have any bead police checking to make sure you have the right color.

PS........Red works great!

Hauxfan!

6. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

Not everyone understands what a " Red dot" sight is, that I can understand.
    But for those of you who know what I am talking about, then think this, a reddot sight such as "eotech" or "C more" WILL MAKE GUN FITTING OBSOLETE, because the head/eye position are no longer critical, anyone who has experience with a red dot sight knows the reticle "follows" your eyes, so even if you lift your head a fraction, it won't matter because the reticle stays true with the POI, all this after proper sighting in ofcourse.

Some might say it makes your eyes too busy, but I have found if you keep both eyes open, and after a bit of getting used to, you will be surprised. and some might say it is cheating, but if the rule permits, so what?

Ridefastshootstraight

7. missemucho

missemucho Member

I've seen Ross Carter mount a halosight on his 1100 and shoot it very well.
    John

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Joe Kuhn shoots his Holo-Sight gun pretty well. As stated above, any type of sight used takes some getting used to, even beads on the end of the barrel. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi front sites red white green

using eotech to shoot trap