1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dot Sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

I have noticed some trap shooters using battery powered red dot sights. They seemed to do well with them. Does anyone here have any experience with them.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Look up or PM "Joe Kuhn" on here. He has toyed with all sorts of this stuff with some success. His threads have numerous pics of his wild gun mods including electronic sights such as the "Red Dot".

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Never tried on on a shotgun but I have used them on pistols and I put one on my daughter's 10/22 Ruger. These types of sights are extremely quick to get on target with so I would think they would work for shotgunning.

The red dot set up that I have on the 10/22 is absolutely deadly on running jacks out to about 50 yards so if I can do that then shooting clay targets with a red dot on a shotgun should be feasible as well.

Eye relief is not critical on these devices which means you would have alot of flexibility on mounting. Costs are moderate and it is probably something you could try without alot of risk or permanent gun modifications.

4. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

We just put a Burris Speed Bead sight on my buddys 870 comp and he is adjusting to it very well. Seems to have helped his eye domanance problem's.
    Carey

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter

Went back to mine after a year of struggling with a regular ribbed gun. I'll not go back. Anybody interested in a Mach One? Cross firing was a long struggle and this is so much more fun. I've since reversed the mount to move the HoloSight closer to my eye with good results. I can see more of the field. I hold even and look just below the red circle 'out there' and see the movement of the target coming out of the house right away through my peripheral vision. There's nothing for my non-dominant eye to see. No bbl, no rib, no bead. Better keep an extra set of battaries around though. Without that red circle, you've got nothing. Finished 4th in the spring singles league.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
trap shooting red dot sight
red dot sight for trap
red dot sioght for shooting trap
shooting trap with a red dot sight
trap shooting with red dot

trap shooting with red dot sight