1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dot Powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by COBIGGUNJR12, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COBIGGUNJR12

COBIGGUNJR12 TS Member

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF YOU CAN LOAD A 1 1/8 LOAD WITH RED DOT POWDER

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

That's all that I've loaded for over 40 years.

Ed Yanchok

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Red Dot has been around since the '20's. 1920's, that is. It has been loaded and abused more than any other powder.

Look at the Alliant tables and pick one of many, many loads.

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Above is the link to Alliant Powder, the maker of Red Dot.

Because of your question I stongly suggest you follow the decribed loads exactly, no substitutions to the published data.

If you do not have a reloading scale get one. You can get by with a manual one, but an electronic one makes weighing powder charges so much faster.

Jason

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Shooting Coach:

I thought Red Dot had been around longer than the 1920's so I looked it up. Turns out we're both wrong. Per Alliant Powder Company, Red Dot first debuted in 1932.

sissy

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

EXCUSE ME!!! If you have to ask an ignorant question like that, then please take a gun-handling course, as you probably need instruction on that subject as well! And STOP YOUR FREAKIN' SHOUTING! AndyH :{

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

CJ12, along with the recommendation to follow the Alliant reloading guide to the letter with a scale, I'd like to add that if you want to load something fast in 1 1/8 ounce, equivalent to, say, commercial "Handicap" loads, i recommend you select Green Dot instead of Red Dot.

Neil

9. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

COBIGGUNJR12, son you need to educate yourself on reloading. I suggest you purchase a good reloading manual or go to several sites on the web that have instructions and load information. One of those is the Alliant site and a good manual is the Lyman book. Welcome to TS.com. BRGII

10. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

This guy (?) is not a "new person" as you can see by reviewing previous posts. More like a "troll", or someone acting like one! "You Can't Fix STUPID!

11. COBIGGUNJR12

COBIGGUNJR12 TS Member

Thank you for all your help guys I really do appriecate all the advice. I asked this question because I did look up loads but, there was alot of people that told me that you could not load Red Dot in a ounce and a eighth simply because they would be weak loads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.