1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dot 3 pounder keg anyone seen one before?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ruck, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Very common in the 1960's.....my dad used to have one he took in and had filled from a large drum at the old original Curtis Nix Gun Shop.....when it was still in Curtis's garage!! Ah, the memories.......

Ken Rucker

2. JRW

JRW Member

I think if I looked in the basement I could find one just like yours. Jerry

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Got one a little older that is pink rather than red. Probably was powder for skeet shells.

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Haven't seen one of those since I started loading in the very early 70's. I used to go to Paul Wammes gun shop (Wammes Gun's) when it was in an old gas station (across from the Dairy Queen) and buy a milkshake cup of Red Dot for $3.00. It came out to just about one pound. Ah, the good old days......

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Yup, have several of those (now filled with REX 1) several Green ones (filled with REX II) and a couple of brown ones that still have Herco in them. The price that I paid for them is still on them. The cheapest was $6.50 for a 3 pound keg. Yes the good old days. FD Oh by the way shot was $4.50 per 25 lb bag.

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have one too. I still have an old Hi skor 700X tin that has the price of $4.70 on it. I think it is a 4# can. In the early sixties I got it with an old used Dl 105 pacific loader.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I have an old can of Herco in a 3 pounder, probably from the late 40s? Still works magic for 1-1/4 ouncers for long shots with copper 5s. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.