1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recycling shot question ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I was recently given about 40Lbs of #6 shot and I'm not sure what is going to be my best way to use it for my trap shooting. I don't have any melting equipment but do reload my own shells. Any ideas would be appreciated.

warren

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Warren- It cannot be used for ATA shoots, but do you shoot practice? It would be fine for that.

Pat Ireland

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Practice? Make sure your club will permit larger than 7 1/2s before you launch some 6s. But, not all that much different, eh?......breakemall......Bob Dodd

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Mix equal parts of 6s and 9s and you will have 7 1/2s which are legal. HMB

5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Trade it for 8"s

6. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

lotsa people need 6s, where are you? NY here

post office priority mail for under $10 ship

What do you want for it?

regards

7. warren

warren Member

Thanks guys practice it is.

warren

8. RJ

RJ TS Member

As I was first starting out in Trap Shooting many years ago. Like the early 70's all I had was shells with 6 shot and they were 20 guage to boot. I had about 2000 Remington high brass shells and used em all on trap Practace. I used some for hunting Ducks, Phesants & Quail. No one questioned me except for one person mentioned the report from the gun as it went off was louder than usual. Gave him the same explanation. Later I was able to get me a nice 12 guage and the 20 guage still finaly finished off the shells for it that fall hunting. Now I'm strictly 12 guage. That goes for 10 guage loads. The 12 is so versital that one can load a light 10 guage load to a heavy 20 guage lode. The inventor of the 12 may not have known what they had but they invented one of the greatest shot gun guages ever. (Rich. innameonly)(And in Az.)

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My sons philosophy in Golf is don`t practice with balls you aren`t going to use in tournaments . Should hold true in trap . Like was said above , maybe some clubs don`t allow anything larger than 7.5 shot as ours . Sell it or trade it for #8`s .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.