1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

recycled shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by edthearcher, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I heard today that recob here in wis. is selling recycled shot $25.00 for 25 lbs. sounds like a good deal for my pocket book any pro or cons on useing it

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The reclaimed shot I tested a few years ago produced less than desirable patterns. I suggest that you get one bag and test it yourself.

Pat Ireland

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You have to watch the drop. In some loaders it sticks. I throw in some cheap Peruvian shot I've got, mix it together and it works fine. I just loaded 4 boxes with no problems. I'll tell you tomorrow how they work.

Don

4. qshot

qshot TS Member

I have used a lot of that shot from recob's it does good for my money I only use 7/8 oz. loads and it does pattern good also. I use Rem. Hulls, 17.2 grains of promo powder, cb 1100 12 wads, on fio. 616 209 primers. Charlie

5. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

IF its various sizes and you have a Mec buy some 1/2" copper water pipe. Replace the MEC drop tube with the copper. The tube is 6 1/16" long. The ID is bigger than the mec tube but has the same O.D. so it fits right in to the Mec. The larger I.D. allows the shot to drop without bridging in the tube. Works like a charm. I don't know about Recob shot but I am shooting 1-1/8 oz of reclaimed shot from the 27 yard line in protection shoots and I'm breaking the birds as good or better than with Federal top gun shells. The shot i'm using measures between .125" and .085" in diameter. it averages .097" which is .002" over 7 1/2 shot size. If the shot varies in diameter you may have to use an adjustable charge bar or in my case I use a 1-1/4 oz bar to get 1-1/8 oz of shot.You should check the weight of the shot charge your press is throwing.
    That my $.02.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.