1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recreational Shooting at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

citadel,

There will be "fun" shoots at the Grand this year. From pg 34 of the Grand program:

Want to shoot more during the Grand?
    We have a game for you!
    Special Trapshooting Events
    during Grand American Week
    Monday through Friday
    Both fun & money events
    Wolf Race — Derby — Handicap Doubles
    Progressive Handicap — Slider
    Full details at the Event Center & our Industry Sponsor Building

2. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

You can shoot on the practice fields. Or better yet test some new guns. Most vendors have try guns available.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

There is also two World class sporting clays fields on the grounds that i assume will be open.----Matt

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I thought all the shooting at the Grand was recreational....

5. perga1

perga1 Active Member

trapwife for most, including me, it is. Jim

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You're right, of course, Karla but some of us are more recreational than others. I shoot for fun and comradery. Others are there for more.

What I would like to see though is an Annie Oakely consisting of all the first team All Americans that can make it. That would be fun to watch and a great promotional tool.

How much should the entry be and the buy-back be. Limit of one buy back.

7. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Believe me or not, but shooting is what Leo and I do for fun and we have always said, when it gets to be a job, not fun any more, we will find something else to do. He is fortunate enough to be successful in his shooting efforts but the defination of success is different for everyone. Bottom line for us, if we don't look forward to going to a club, we won't be going.I will be working hard this year to help make the Grand a more enjoyable shoot for everyone. If anyone needs some help or a question answered, come to the Members Services desk and we will be glad to try and help you (this isn't free shooting tips, it's "Grand" questions/answers)

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I believe you K. I know that it's true. I'm jealous of your squeeze's ability though. What a great deal to be in love with your job.

9. fenoc

fenoc Member

I can verify that the sporting clays are fun...Ken Ian & I shot them several times last year on days that we were done shooting the main events early in the day...you mentiion a certain page in the program, have they been sent out already because we didn't get ours & I was wandering if I should call for new ones? I hope the lady doing the manicures will be there again...that was a treat for me! Also the "annies" etc. sound like alot of fun...
    See you there! Pam D (& Karla don't work to hard, it is supposed to be your vacation!)

10. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

shoot a lot of trap,lot of meat shoots, lot of games ,can someone tell me what a wolf shoot or game is thank you. jpark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.