1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovering a soft comb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

Has anybody removed the covering from a soft comb and replaced it with a new cover? This one is vinyl, not leather. Is this a do it myself project or should I send it to a pro?

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

It will probably need new foam as well, really no sense in doing half the job when you already have the cover removed to recover it anyways. The foam is fairly expensive and not easy to come by. If you were going to do a few, it'd be worth investing in materials, for just one, I'd pay someone to do it.

3. high 2

high 2 Member

I you decide to send it out, I get $50 to recover the soft comb. This price includes replacing the foam. Add $10 to the price if you want it covered in leather. Larry

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I recovered mine in thin, soft black leather using an adhesive product called Barge Cement. It's held in place just fine for over a decade.

5. leftex

leftex Active Member

Guys,

Thanks for all the input. Mine just looks a little scruffy. I will shoot it like it is for a while.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.