1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recording security camera system question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I am looking to purchase a system with 8 cameras,only need 5 but thats the way they come in multiples of 4.I am looking to spend about $500. Any opinions will help. I have a friend who just purchased a Pro system for $1500. More than I want to spend.Outdoor use. Thanks, Jeff

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What are your things worth? You buy cheap you get cheap. Do you use a cardboard box as a gun safe? NO you use a real gun safe. Buy the best that you can and you will be ahead of things.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1500 is only a starting point. If you want video that will hold up in court, and good low light motion activated cameras, with a DVR that holds enough video you need to go to a security professional.

If you just want to watch your cash register help from the back room, go to Sam's club or Costco and buy the cheapie.

You can also buy dummy cameras with an LED on, I only advise that if you have a very bullet proof facility. Steel doors and fake cameras may deter juveniles, pros go elsewhere any time they see electronics.

HM

4. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

Don't buy junk, which is what $500 is going to get you. Even the decent low-end outdoor rated cameras are going to cost you about $150/camera. I suggest Pelco Cameras, Ademco power supply, and ImageVault recorder. You're gonna have to spend more than $500, but you will have quality equipment that should last a long time. My .02
    PG

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Trapper, halmile etc. are all correct. Do not buy junk and there is a lot out there. go to wwwx10.com or lorextechnology.com and give them a call and talk to the experts. They are knowledgeable and know their stuff.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

thanks guys. Jeff

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Dont put any cameras in the Ladies bathroom...they get real touchy about that I hear ; ))

8. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Try this guy http://nellyssurplus.com/
    You won't be dissapointed!!!!

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If you have high speed internet service at this building, get the camera system that also allows you to monitor the cammeras remotely.

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

bigbore...you have a PM

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.