1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended gunsmith for 682

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tom monzitta, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom monzitta

tom monzitta Member

I have a 682 top combo that won't fire the second shot. I need a recommendation regarding a good, fast gunsmith to send it to. I've sent this to Beretta in the past and it's taken 4 weeks to get it back. I can't wait that long as it's in the middle of my season. Would like a complete tune up while it's being repaired. Any suggestions?

2. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Cole

They treated me right.

3. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I should have said............

They were very fair to deal with when I had a break down.

4. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I should have said............

They were very fair to deal with when I had a break down.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

where are you located?

6. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

My 682x gold had the same problem, took the stock loose from the receiver and lubricated the internal trigger parts with spray lube and put it back together. Works perfect now. You might try this before sending it off and tying up a whole bunch of money in it.

Mr. Mark

7. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Cole, hands down.

Berettaman7

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Agree that Cole is the place. Ed

9. tom monzitta

tom monzitta Member

Thanks for the advice, guys. It's not a cleaning issue. I took the receiver off the stock and a small piece of metal fell out. It looks like the end of the rod that holds the coil spring. I'm sure not a major problem but one that needs to be fixed. I'm in South Carolina. I'll contact Coles and see what their backlog looks like. Thanks again.

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

tom monzitta:

I had the same piece fall of the end of the hammer coil spring on the side of the reciever and it would miss fire I had a new hammer spring assembly put in anyway, but it proabably would had been ok if the peice was just put back on and crimped to stay put or loctited good perhaps.

Tom Larking from the Stock Shop fixed mine at the IL State shoot last year while I was there.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Fog

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The nut breaking off from the mainspring guide is "kind of" a commom occurrance on the 68x series.

You can order a new one and install it yourself. Order two, that way you'll have a spare.

When installing the new assy, the nut is NOT crimoed yet. The nut gets adjusted until there is sufficiant hammer rebound. The hammer cannot be pressed tight to the back of the receiver while under spring pressure. Look at the opposite hammer to see what I'm talking about.

Doug

12. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

The nut on the hammer spring controls the rebound of the hammers. It is probably the hair spring in the inertia-block that has broken that isn't allowing it to move forward to engage the secondary sear. It is an easy repair, but a little tricky at the same time.

13. tom monzitta

tom monzitta Member

Thanks for the info guys. While we're at it, I looked at Coles website and it said they put in mechanical trigger assemblys for both hammers instead of the rebound type that Beretts uses. Is this better? Opinions please.

14. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

The problem with the 682s is that they do not polish the parts. If they did, you would not need the mechanical trigger conversion. Better?? not possible to answer that question. I have polished more than one of these and the owners never had another problem. People who converted to mechanicl never had another problem. If you cannot take the gun apart on your own, and have to rely on others, get the mechanical triggers.

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Tom,

I've dealt with Cole's on 3 occassions. They are very professional and had my gun(s) back in 7 days. Also, I had them convert my 682 Gold E to mechanical triggers.

Very satisfied with their professionalism and quick response time.

Curt - Delaware

16. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

If you're close to Spartanburg, ask Jimson Dunbar at Dunbar and Zimmerli Outfitters. Jimson's a good gunsmith.

17. C50

C50 TS Member

"The nut on the hammer spring controls the rebound of the hammers. It is probably the hair spring in the inertia-block that has broken that isn't allowing it to move forward to engage the secondary sear. It is an easy repair, but a little tricky at the same time."

I just repaired mine last week replacing the inertia block lever spring part #c53760. Took me an hour to put it in backwards, after relizing it was in wrong when it still didn't work, I took it back out turned it around and it took all of a minute to put it in the right way. I'm an expert now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.