1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for stock/forearm repair/refinish

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sccja57, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

I have split (about 4 inches long) the forearm on my Remington 11/87 and would like some recommendations on who can repair and refinish, not only the forearm, but buttstock also. Thanks for any assistance in this manner.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

With the cost of refinishing etc. you may be better off just buying new. For years Remington would replace wood "no charge" at The Grand. I don't know about now. Call Remington and see what they will do. They had a problem and reinforced the forearm with fiberglass at the reciever end. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

John-Probably A good Idea. Unless it's an exceptional piece of wood your probably looking at a $200 to $300 bill for the work.

Joe

4. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Leroy Leiss c/o PORTLAND GUN CLUB: P.O. Box 219, Eagle Creek, OR 97022. (Open Thurs 11 am to 10 pm Sat & Sun 11 am to 5 pm). Phone: 503-492-8752.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Hit the link above for real, quality work.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Buy a new forend. You are about to spend between 200-400.00 depending on who does the repair and howmany pieces you choose to refinish. Todd

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

A quick look on e-bay shows a new 11-87 forend with a bid of $25.00. It also show 3 forends for an 1100 now available. If you don't mind synthetics, a Jack West stock and forend would be my choice... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.