1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for servicing a Browning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mixer, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Try Art's in Missouri. Tops for Brownings.

Eric

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I've been happy with Laurence Pylinski from Cumberland VA. Former Browning smith with good factory connections.

According to his web site he will be in Savannah at the Kreighoff Masters Skeet Shoot in May.

MK

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Midwest Gun Works In Peveley, Missouri. They work on a large number of Brownings. Have always done good work on my Brownings. Been to their business several times.

Art's Gun and Sport Shop over at Hillsboro, Missouri is also nationally known for his Browning work.

DoubleAuto

4. FLIP

FLIP Member

do it your self. if you had the stock off your there push the retainer pin out replace the firing pin (lower watch the spring) your done.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Have a smith do it!

MK

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

benniesdad:

For those not aware, Browning's corporate factory repair facility is located in Arnold, MO. just south of St. Louis. It is notorious for spotty work and obscenely long turn around times. In addition, they won't touch a gun that has been modified in any way - release triggers for example.

I mention the factory facility only to point out that it's less than a half hour's drive from both Art's and Midwest. The folks at Art's and Midwest are former Browning people that do top notch work at reasonable prices.

While any competent smith should be able to handle your project, there's a reason Art's and Midwest are nationally known for their work on Brownings.

sissy

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Doug Braker in Minnesota did excellent work on my superposed.

Art is also excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.