1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendation on Ladies Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Debora, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debora

Debora TS Member

Mar 10, 2008
    I'm looking for a recommendation on a ladies trap gun. I would like a semi auto, but do not know which gun to go with. I only one that I really didn't care for was the Remmington 1100. Which is better, Benneli, Browning, or Bretta? Does anyone have any experience with any of these guns??
  2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jan 29, 1998

Ok a lot likes the remington 1100 but I never did because they was always to front end heavy to me and im a guy.

Anyway I ahve no experience witht he Benneli at all but have with the Beretta and still have one today but I never shoot it since I have a break open combo gun.

Ok the Beretta's are lighter weight than the remington 1100's that I have had in the past and I think they kick about the same so if it was me I would go with the beretta also since you are wanting a trap gun then they are trap guns also I haven't heard of the Benneli having a trap grade gun out there but of course I haven't kept up with guns in a long time because I am still shooting mine I bought new in 1983.

but I would think the beretta would be easier to sell incase if you wanted to go to something different later.

Also im sure you can make a thread on here and you will find whatever you want to buy.

3. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Hanford, CA
    Beretta markets a ladies/youth target model autoloader with an adjustable comb and a bit shorter LOP. The model # is 3901.
  4. aaastalker

aaastalker TS Member

Dec 17, 2007

I started out with an 1100 field gun. Their are Pro's and Con's to everything.

If you plan on shooting doubles sometime in the future ?
    I would probably not choose an auto.

I have seen plenty of auto's failing,jamming etc, on the line.

My 1100 was used for singles only.

I purchased an Over & Under pretty quickly once I caught the bug.

If you are worried about recoil ?

A lot can be done to manage felt recoil with tweeks to your equipment...

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jan 29, 1998
    Beretta 3901, 28" barrel ,mobile choke, 12" LOP, two 1/2" spacers to add to LOP.$880.00
    Mike Battista
  6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Out of the box, mikes beretta above.
  7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Take a look at the 391 with special wood for sale on TS.com now. Has a moneyaker rib and short LOP. Completely adjustible.
  8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Jan 7, 2007
    3901 Beretta RL if you have a shorter LOP. Versatile gun that I have used in singles, doubles, caps, skeet, loaned to jr. high shooters, and easy to maintain. If you have a longer LOP, 390, 391, or parallel target SL. Once you find a gun that fits your style, the loads can be customized through loading your own custom shells. A father of a 9th grade girl was over last night and we were working on recipes. Omaha
  9. WGB

WGB Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Beretta "Urika Paralell Target RL" (reduced length). Made for smaller shooters, works well for trap and other sports also.
  10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Debora...I have not ever shot a Benelli, so I can't advise you on that, but I have shot the Beretta 390 and the 391 (Urika parallel trap). I liked it, and shot it well in the beginning. It didn't take much time for me to start moving a little too quickly with it, but that was my own problem and you might do really well with that gun. Frank Hoppe shoots one sometimes, and I believe if you talked with him, he could give you some really great advice. You can find his phone number on the web, but I can give it to you if you send me a pm.

The browning that I shot kicked me a little hard, but there are modifications that you can make to the stock, of course, that will help with that.

I now shoot a break-open. Doesn't kick, doesn't jam, and is very simple to clean. If you travel, the other consideration is that the hard gun case for a break open is much easier to handle than is the gun case for a semi-auto (smaller and lighter in weight).

I believe, so far, that I am the only girl that has answered your question. But keep in mind, this is only my second year shooting. The BEST advice that I am qualified to give you is this: get your advice from qualified shooters. LOL!!!

Call Frank (or Phil Kiner, or Leo, etc). They are more than happy to help an earnest shooter.
  11. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Another boy, I'm afraid, and ladies' opinions will probably help most. But I've got Browning Gold & 1100's, and have shot the Beretta 3901-RL ("reduced length.") Any of these 3 would be a fine choice. I like all 3. Go with the one you like the fit & feel & balance & swing of best. Plus, pick the barrel length you like the feel of best, too. You've already eliminated the 1100, which simplifies life. And I know what you mean about the 1100's balance, it may seem front-heavy for you. Phil E
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.