1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

recommend - soft shotgun case with barrel pocket

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 22hornet, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I am thinking that I could sling a soft breakdown case on my back and ride my motorcycle to the club. Fall is pretty good riding weather here in CenCal. Has anybody used the SKB case? What is it's overall length?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have the SKB that doesn't have the spare barrel pocket, just an accessories pocket. In fact I have two and they are very well made. My only warning would be that if you have anything like a Hi-Viz on the end of your barrel it will tear up the interior way down inside where you can't get to it, so if you do, wrap it with something so it doesn't snag. They may have dealt with this since I bought mine.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've got both an SKB and a Boyt, and I prefer the Boyt because of it's tougher materials.

AndyH ;-)

4. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I've had my 52" SKB soft case for 5 years. Carry my combo in it to the Trap shoots. Well padded. Excellent quality.

5. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

These Boyt break-down soft case are excellent products, but spendy.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ah... the quality of Boyt and their lifetime guarantee is "value" for dollars spent, not cost. Buy a Boyt once and the few extra dollars paid today, amortized over a lifetime will represent a real bargain.

Jay

7. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I've got a big rib and a 35" barrel. Anybody know of a longer case than 34"?

8. brantman

brantman TS Member

boyts are the best,I had one bought it for 89 dollars. sold it had to have another soft case because of the weight. cabelas is almost identical no outside pocket but its 40 dollars cheaper. Ill live without a pocket

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shotgun case with barrel pocket

shotgun soft case with slug barrel