1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend GUN CLUB in DesMoines, IA area ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Being new to NW Missouri area,can someone recommend gun club in DesMoines, IA area, to shoot trap/skeet and possibly sporting at?? I travel somewhat with my job, but would like to meet some shooters and do some shooting much more often. I woul;d like to shoot at Kansas City area range but don't know anyone. I will be shooting at Minneapolis Gun Club soon, as their website very informative. Just want to find someone to start shooting with, life is getting shorter by the day........Thanks,Rob G.

2. Sonny

Sonny Member

new pioneer gun club in waukee.Its located in west Des Miones Or waukee.They shoot all games there.Google for the web page.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Fun place to shoot,,,,lots of friendly folks. They are not open everyday so check their hours of operation.

4. Steve R

Steve R Member

KCTA in Smithville Mo just north of KC is currently open on Wed evenings and Saturdays and Sundays with fun shoots on Sundays. Registered shoots begin in March.
    www.kctraps.com
    816-532-4427
    Stephen Ricketts

5. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Stephen, What are best times to go to KCTA, Sun. afternoons? Or are there still enough shooters there on Saturdays? I don't know anyone there, but will take advice of another, and just show up, and shoot. Will try to make it out this Sunday afternoon for sure. Thanks for the info.............Rob G.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

New Pioneer is open every day except monday and tuesday

Its 18 miles west of Des Moines- in Waukee

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

during the winter there is a small crowd on saturdays at kcta- sundays tho , they have a 16yd,hdp &dbls shoot get together. talk to lynn gipson mngr.- they will get 4-5 squads and shoot from noon until around 4-5pm--- differant story obviuosly in the summer with many big shoots and leaques.--- if you are in extreme N.W. MO. around rock port feel free to call me. wally riebesell
    660-744-4115 mvalley@rpt.coop we shoot for fun w/ some games and also have a small skeet following. for clubs around des moines- call dan wood ,iowa ata delegate- great guy and in the know-- 712-542-8863

8. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

Rob

Depending on how NW you are in MO, Lincoln Trap and Skeet in Lincoln NE may be an option.

Check out the website - the club is open on a regular schedule, unless the weather is just crazy.

9 trap, 6 Skeet, and a 5 stand setup.

John

9. Steve R

Steve R Member

Rob on Sundays we have 50 16's 50 Hdcp and 25 pair doubles non registered. Prizes are shells for the events based on the number of shooters. The practice trap opens at 11:00 AM and the shoot starts at high noon. There is usually a big pot of soup in the kitchen and the best group of shooters around. Lynn Gipson runs a good shoot and if you get discouraged with the gun that you are shooting he can probably fix you up with something different.

Steve R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooting club des moines