1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend good book/author for B class shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ColBuckShot, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

Looking for book/author recommendations for B class shooter trying to become A class. I read many intro type books and have benifited, now needing more advanced books to help along with the coaching im getting. Next step will be a good sports physiatrist.

2. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

I see tons of comments on the worst trap book thread, but no one can make a positive recommendation here. carumba!

3. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

I'd go with a video by Hoppe or Kiner.

4. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

I have Kiner's video and a number of beginers books, i'm disappointed there isnt more responce to this thread from well read shooters..

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Get the Kiner video. Anybody can talk about what you "ought to do," but Phil is like Neil in some ways...he records it on tape & shows you exactly what happened, and you can make your own conclusion.

6. BAMBAM4

BAMBAM4 TS Member

Burn more shells - Burn more shells

7. BAMBAM4

BAMBAM4 TS Member

No really - Watching someone elses viedo makes you shoot like them. They have good points but everyone shoots different. And each way has its good points and bad points. I have been on good squads and bad squads and you will tend to shoot to the level of the squad.When you are with a group of AAA shooters I will bet you have had the best scores you have shot. My point being practice with the best shooters around and they will make you better.
    How many shells do you burn a practice? You can watch and read all you want but just go do it. This works for me.

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, there are only so many trapshooting related books out there. It would be helpful if you were to list the ones that you have already read.

Frank Littles little book of trapshooting is good. Trapshooting is a game of opposites is another one. Fred Misiledine has some good information.

None of the books is as good as a clinic from any of the top shooters though. Some folks it hurts and some it helps. That is up to the student.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.