1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend a good rebluing guy

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Beretta Young Gun, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Im thinking about getting my model 12 reblued and looking like new. can anyone recommend a good comapny or person to go with? Money is tight so im not looking to put alot into this but still want it to look good. thanks BYG

2. redhawk

redhawk Member

0   0   0

Mel Doyle, Plummer Idaho.Just did mine,you would be impressed.

3. Dean Scott

Dean Scott Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Young gun,
    Mahovsky;s Metalife, Just nickel plated a 1187 receiver for me ,turned out
    beautiful!! Reblues long guns for $95.00. He has a website online,look him up.
    Hope that helps you.
    Dean

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Glenrock out of Wyoming is hard to beat

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have heard really good things about Glenrock but have never used them.

I have used Ernest Marlette as have many on this site, and his hot salts bluing is fabulous.

Ernest Marlette
    1410 Irving Street
    Winston-Salem, NC 27103
    M (336) 456-1818
    B (336) 761-0433

An example (my gun) and it ain't easy to blue a gun with this type of engraving and enlays

[​IMG]

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I'll third Glenrock.

7. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

0   0   0

I second Mahovsky. Do it one time. Guaranteed as long as you live. Think about that one. It won't come off from hands, fingers or dings and scratches. Regular bluing wears. Birdtracker
    [​IMG]

8. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Baron23- that is a gorgeous finish on the super-x. what did it cost to have just a standard reblue done on it? my model 12 currently has a satin finish to it and i want to keep it that way. I should think that my gun should only require prep work and to be dunked in the blueing salts. thanks BYG

9. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

BYG - not sure...I think it was about $450 for the whole gun including prep work. As to degree of shine, that results from the degree of polishing during prep work. Give Ernest a call and talk to him about it. You will not meet a finer, more honest, or nice fellow than Ernest. Many others here on this board can attest to his honest dealing.

Cheers

10. Greg Sturgill

Greg Sturgill Member

0   0   0

Mike Crevar out of Pittsburgh. Just did my Beretta 682 for $175.00. Beautiful work and he is an excellent repair guy as well.

11. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have used Glenrock for many years and done lot of work for me and they are first class and you will not be disappointed. This is what they do! Not a sideline.

Glenrock Blue, 222 S Fifth Street, Glenrock, Wy. 82637, call 307-436-2330 or email dfiling@aol.com. Website is www.gunbluing.com

Good Shooting

12. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

0   0   0

These guys are good at "rebluing"
    [​IMG]

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

0   0   0

Simmons in Olathe Kansas have all parts for Model 12's and have been rebuildin them for over 60 yrs.

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Stu Wright..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.