1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

recomened wad for rem sts/nitro 1oz

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FarmerD, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

There are several wads that will fit the bill. I prefer The Original Windjammer II wad, but also have had good success with DR XL-1. Some of my friends use the target 12 Remington with success as well. Richard

2. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Green Dusters. Best 1 oz wad on the market, virgin plastic and they run through your loader smooth as sand through an hourglass. Great wads for STS/Nitro hulls but I prefer others for AA hulls.

AdamsRibs

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Remington wad, (TGT) Remington primer, Titegroup powder. Best there is.

HM

4. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

A helpful poster on this site recently sent me some Green Duster wads to try. With STS Hulls, 16.5 gr. Hodgdon Clays, W209 primer and 1 oz. of 8s, this load is Excellent! Loaded smoothly, nice crimp, and pulverizes targets, better than any wad previously used (Claybuster clone of WSL, and Rem. TGT). I am switching to Green Dusters. Best Regards, Ed

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've had excellent success with Green Dusters, Winchester AA 12SLs, Down Range XL1s, Rem. TGTs, and even the CB clones of the Winchester wad. It's really hard to go wrong with any of them....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Tgt 12

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

TGT-12 the only one!! JP

8. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

I've been using claybuster CB 1100-12 wads with winchester 209 primer, 16.5 grains of 700x, 1 oz of #8 in STS-Nitro27-Gun Club hulls. All load great. Nice fast (aprox 1185 fps) soft load that crushes them. If I want to go back to 1 1/8 all I do is change shot bushing and wad. No set up changes. Perfect crimp every time.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have to say that Dale Zs recipe was one I used for a very long time in AAs and STS hulls with the very same success....breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

CB 1100

My pet 1 oz load is same as Dale Z's except; I use Remington 209P primers in Rem STS hulls.

John C. Saubak

11. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

I`m a little cheaper and use 15.6 gr. of 700X with the 1 oz Claybusters in STS` hulls .

12. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

TGT 12 wad, 19 gr. green dot, fed 209a. 7 1/2s, or 8s smokes em.

Tom R.

13. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

TGT 12 or Green Duster are the two I use.

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I notice that whenever the 1oz load questions come up that no one ever mentions purple pc's. Should I assume that they aren't the greatest?

15. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I worked the Downrange Mfg. trailer with Kevin at the Nebraska State High School championships. With 1800+ shooters, you get to meet a lot of people there. I agree with Mike in that you get to learn a lot of people's pet loads and why they work. Kevin has a bore gun and can measure things to no end. But many of us use different wads for different objectives. It may not be a major difference, but it may be one or two birds which can make you place or show in a big competition. Also, certain guns like certain hulls better. I know that reloaders get tuned to a specific hull and then won't crimp good on a different hull. I have friends that will exchange AA for STSs (used 1X) since that is what their gun likes better. Many doubles shooters don't use the same recipe for 1ST and 2ND shot. Learning the recipes is both interesting and entertaining as well. Working a shoot like that is like reading an very active thread on steroids. IMHO Your wad may fly farther!!!

16. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

XL1's, as long as you are using a bulky powder. I like TGT's but the XL1's for some reason produce much better breaks. Your mileage may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rem-tgt and tgts