1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoiless

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bighoss, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bighoss

Bighoss Member

Anyone have experience with browning recoiless trap guns? Your opinions? Thanks. Wes.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I owned the longer, heavier version a few years ago. I sold it because it was too heavy. They are fully adjustable as far as LOP, comb height etc. It takes a little getting-used-to. They are almost recoil-free, so if that's what you are looking for, go for it. I suspect they'd be difficult to find service or parts for.

Gene in Illinois

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Horrid triggers and the lock time is about the same as my flintlock musket. I had the long bbl one and although it truly reduces recoil, it was just too problematic to keep - it's someone elses problem now.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Almost no recoil. However, maybe the worst trigger ever made. They are kind of fun to shoot, but also very barrel heavy. Perhaps, one could get use to the trigger. I couldn't.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

All of the above plus the foreams broke all the time, worst gun ever built by Browning, hard to sell, would not want one.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Bighoss

Bighoss Member

Thanks for all the info. Wes

7. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Opinions vary...
    Here's a link on thread I started on the subject before I bought mine...

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=310862&Messages=39#firstpost

Stan...

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Almost bought one. Then I shot it a few times.

9. SKB-Eric

SKB-Eric Member

I must be one of the lucky owners. I have 2 of them, bought them both new, both 27" and never had a problem with them. I learned early how to cock it gently to avoid the broken forend. Won a bunch of shoots with them. Get a lot of puzzled looks from folks that don't know what it is. I don't use them much anymore, as I switched to a combo gun now and am used to that.
    The 2 big drawbacks I have with the recoilless: it is a single shot gun and it doesn't cycle all the time with light loads below 8,000 psi. It needs a bit of pressure in a load to recock it.
    Like I said, must just be lucky with mine, cause all I ever read about is problems.
    I let a guy on my team use one when he had a bum shoulder. It saved his game until he healed up and could shoot his own gun again.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.