1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

recoil with pfs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by reddottm1, Aug 27, 2013.

1. reddottm1

reddottm1 Member

I shoot a TM1 and have a flinching problem, can someone tell me if a PFS will help this problem, I have heard they have very little recoil is this right?

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Forget recoil as an issue-it seldom is. Try a release trigger soon!!

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

PFS will reduce recoil making a soft shooter out your gun, but flinching is another topic. Try holding onto your pistol grip tightly, very tightly and pull the stock into your shoulder firmly, very firmly, this may or may reduce your flinching problem making the gun one with you; it worked for me and others, if not a release trigger may be in your future.

Surfer

4. Nick_N

Nick_N Member

Going from 1 1/8 oz to 7/8oz was what saved me when I started flinching bad. Wortha shot if your shooting the heavy stuff.

Nick

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Flinching can be caused by several things. Mine was pain and the PFS curred it. If you are having a "sight flinch" because you loose the target, the PFS may allow you to get your head up straighter and help that problem also.

I have two PFS and couldn't shoot without them.

JON

6. Wass

Wass Member

I tried a PFS out for the first time ever this month. I was amazed at the recoil reduction over my RAD II device.

Wass

7. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Because of neck ,and back injuries, if it weren`t for my PFS I could not shoot any more.
    They may not be pretty , but they work.

Tommy

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

PFS and a release trigger solved my flinching problem on my Ljutic Mono. I haven't flinched since they were installed. Maybe 50,000+ rounds ago.

Search tags for this page

recoil setting on your pfs