1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil System Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Man, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Which recoil system is best for the money?

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hands down the best is a PFS, but it's not for everyone.

A very close second is Ruckers' BumpBuster (either model)

3rd would be a G squared. Then would be a Softouch, Gracoil, RAD, etc.

And yes, I have shot all of these systems. My money would go to Rucker and his BumpBuster with the sliding comb option.

ec90t

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

All the above are good but if they break you will be down for a while.

Gracoil offers a system that is economical works and is very adjustable, user friendly, and can be repaired easily by changing the lop adj spring system out for a new one.

I personally don't like recoil reducers I would prefer a stock that fits properly which in some instances I have been told kicked less than the old recoil reduction systems they were shooting.

For my money gracoil is a good value.

If money or complication of the units are of no issue I would choose a Soft Touch first Stock lock second.

Joe Goldberg

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Mike your right-but you can make any of the other reducer systems like Danhuser, Gracoil and others in to a sliding comb. That's in the instillation and not the reducer.

Yes there are some people who need a reducer and my only problem with a PFS besides being ugly is with the users. Many tend to move them all over the place and eventually those people end with a stock which does not stay in position. Not really a problem in the design but an end user education problem.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The best, overall, recoil system, FOR THE MONEY, is a Clyde Slyde, hands down. About $350.00 and includes 4 way adjustable comb, spring operated, and the sliding comb all standard. Is a PFS better? Perhaps. It's a matter of opinion. The actual difference between the Clyde Slide and the PFS is about $1000.00. The Clyde Slyde can be adjusted easily by just changing the spring to either a softer, or firmer one. I have owned a lot of different recoil systems, including all of the above, except the Stock Lock, and, FOR THE MONEY, the Clyde Slyde wins, no question about it.... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

One part of this equasion that hasn't been addressed is weight and balance issues.

Some of the systems above add a great deal of weight to the stock and affect the way a gun mounts and swings. The RAD is the worst one of all that I've sampled. The PFS and BumpBuster has this situation well in hand. As far as an add-on system Ken has done his homework and got it right!

ec90t

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Brian,

Do you not have google?

ec90t

8. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Can you get a Clyde Slyde on a gun that already has an adj. comb? I have a BT-99 with a browning adj. comb.

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Brian......Call Clyde Cameron at 208-746-4486 for more information on his system. If you PM me with your email, I will send you some pictures of the unit. He is located in Lewiston, Idaho. Just tell him I gave you his number.

Browning Man..... Yes, Clyde will do a gun with an existing adjustable comb with no problem. He does exceptional work, and the system is fool proof. I have been using them for many, many years and have never had one fail for any reason....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

G2 shockmaster is a great unit, sliding comb, system powered by air no hydrolics, had one on a k-80.

11. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Trap2.....Will he be at the grand? I had taller adj. comb post (about 2in) made because I had a rib installed by Keensights, will this be a problem on getting one of these units.

Thanks, Dillon Horn

12. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

13. Elk guide

Elk guide TS Member

Any info or cost on the Hyde slide? looks the same as Clyde slide you can get different springs or hyd.

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Scott's contact info is as follows:

Email hydeal@quest.net

Phone 509-276-9227

Address Scott Hyde

502 N Margaret

P.O. box 844

Deer Park, WA 99006

I hope this helps. He also makes a pretty nice add-on rib.

ec90t

15. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I would like to have a system like a softouch, but a little less costly, are the Clyde slide and Hyde slide like this, and will they be at the grand during the SCTP shoot.

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

B M,

Why don't you contact them and ask.

These are not simple 2 hr installs. They will probably need the stock for a few days.

ec90t

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

The very best recoil reduction for the money is shooting a lighter load. A heavier gun is the second best.

The best recoil reduction system, ignoring money, is a Precision Fit Stock. There are many good systems between these extremes.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.