1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil system for Browning XT Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joeott, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeott

joeott Member

I have a Browning XT Plus Trap gun with an adjustable comb and I'm looking for the BEST recoil reducing system for it. The problem being is the comb locking screw protrudes out and into the factory recoil pad so from what I've seen the Graco GraCoil system will not work. Any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help

2. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

The Gracoil will work, drill a clearance hole in the base plate for the adjustment screw. Bob

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If you want the best and money is no object consider sending your stock to Mike at shockmaster.com for a G2 conversion.

Robert

4. braunpro

braunpro TS Member

Try stockpositioning website save your self some money and get a great recoil system,

5. Borderland

Borderland Member

Send it to Graco for a factory installation. They use a shorter bolt for the comb lock down bolt.

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Even if money was not an object, I would still go to Carey Baron who put a Slick slide on my BT-99 and an adjustable butt plate and pad system. JM

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think there is better quality conventional comb hardware available to replace the inferior factory stuff...then you can get any recoil reduction system you want and have a better comb system too

8. joeott

joeott Member

9. joeott

joeott Member

Browing Citori XT PLus Trap gun - GRADE 3 12GA, 32" BL, 2 3/4", VERY FANCY GUN, SHOT SHOW SPECIAL, NEW FOR 2008, ONLY 100 MADE, SILVER NITRIDE FINISH RECEIVER, WITH GOLD ACCENTED HIGH-RELIEF SCROLL ENGRAVING, INVECTOR-PLUS MIDAS GRADE CHOKE TUBES,PORTED, TAPERED HIGH STEP VENT RIB, VENT SIDE RIB, GOLDEN ENGRAVING, TRIPLE TRIGGER SYSTEM, SINGLE SELECTIVE TRIGGER, GLOSS OIL FINISH WALNUT STOCK, ADJUSTABLE COMB, PISTOL GRIP, RIGHT-HAND PALM SWELL, SEMI-BEAVERTAIL FOREARM WITH FINGER GROOVES

10. joeott

joeott Member

The XT PLUS absolutely has an adjustable screw through the butt...I'm not looking for a correction on what gun I have, I know what it is ... I'm looking for a recoil reducing system for it
    Thanks

11. philk

philk Member

Do what Calvin said, Joe. I had the factory comb hardware replaced on my Cynergy Combo, same stuff thats on your XT, and a Graycoil installed buy Rods Stocks.

Never had a problem with the stock hardware but saw enough other guys who did.

12. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I have an RADII from Rods Custom stocks on my XT and also on my BT 99 both are great Woody Sullivan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning plus recoil reducer adjustment

browning plus recoil system adjustment

browning xt recoil

recoil pad xt adjustable stock