1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil reducton units for doubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Elk guide, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elk guide

Elk guide TS Member

I want to put a recoil reduction system on my Browning XT but I have heard that people don't like the movemment after the first shot on doubles. Could you share your opinions.
    Thanks

2. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    What I believe you are referring to is the fact that some of the recoil reduction systems out there are slow enough on the return that they are partially collapsed still when you shoot the second shot. I've read comments on here that still others are springy or bouncy when shooting doubles. Both valid concerns. Tooting my own horn here ... ours will have neither drawback and is known to work very well in doubles. It will literally return faster than you can pull the trigger the second time ... one of the advantages of an air shock absorber. I hope I was helpful and wish you luck in your search.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I had an ISIS unit on a K-80 Bunker gun. The second shot, when needed, is fired very quickly. This unit recovered quicker than I could shoot.

If you are shooting ATA dubs, why not shoot 7/8 oz for the first shot, and one ounce for the second. I use 7/8 oz for both shots, and my scores have gone up. I use IC/IMOD and the IC may be overkill for the first bird. The IMOD gives the breaks I like when I do my part.

Despite what naysayers may tell you, you give up NOTHING with the lighter shot loads, except recoil and added expense when reloading.

I have run dubs numerous times with my tubed 20 ga skeet gun with 7 1/2's and LM/LF chokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.