1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Reduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrd, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrd

mrd Member

I am looking at recoil reduction systems for trap. I am aware of the importance of gun fit in recoil. However, some of these systems seem to make some sense to me.. I have been looking at RAD and Gracoil. I would appreciate opinions on these and any others that you have used and believe work well without a lot of maintenance.

2. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I have been very happy with a kick-eze pad, Edwards reducer and 1 oz. loads. "0" maintenance.

Mike

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Best recoil pad I've ever used is the Pachmayr XLT. Far less felt recoil than any other, IMHO!

Also, my 15.7 gr of Nitro100 pushing 1 1/8oz is very soft at 1175fps. For 1oz loads I use 16.5 gr Nitro100 at 1235fps which work just as well.

AndyH ;-)

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

As you age, recoil will become more of a problem. Gun fit will change and with the weather you will need to make adjustments for clothing. Get a PFS and never look back. Easy to change fit and the best in recoil reduction.

JON

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Greg Hissem installed a Rad #2 on my Beretta 682 and i love it. It doesn't have that spongy feel i have felt with some other systems in the past. It seems to just smooth out the felt recoil. I also have a Kick EEZ pad on the system. If your going with a pad change only that is the brand to go with. JM2C

6. FNG

FNG Member

Another vote for Ken Rucker's "Bump Buster". Ken provides a great product and excellent service.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

PFS, nothing else compare's. However, butt ugly........

8. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have used a Clyde Slyde, a Soft Touch & a PFS. They all do the job but I would have to give the edge to the PFS due to adjustability. It was also the most expensive. John

9. 1in91

1in91 TS Member

Ever notice how much less recoil there is when you hit a target? Fred

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have owned several. I have NOT tried the Bump-Buster by Ken Rucker, Clyde Slide, or ProSoft. I have shot or owned the Gracoil, RAD, Counter Coil, Soft Touch, PFS, and Stock-Lock. The PFS and Stock-Lock reduce the most amount of recoil of the ones that I have tried. In my honest opinion, and this is just me....I didn't notice much recoil reduction with the Gracoil or Rad, the Counter Coil didn't reset enough for me when shooting doubles. I loved the Precision Fit Stock. It reduces alot of recoil, but it has 1 downfall to me. This is also the downfall with the Soft Touch and others.....When I pulled the gun in tight to my shoulder, the reduction system gave. What I mean by gave is, that there is movement. That is why I like the Stock-Lock. When you pull it in to your shoulder, there is NO movement! When the shell goes off, there is a slight movement and NO recoil. I currently shoot the Stock-Lock, and really like it. All of the systems have good points and bad points. Go to your local trap club, or trapshoot. Find someone with a recoil system, and ask to shoot it. Most shooters will let you. Check out my website. I have a calender on there. Look @ the shoots that I will be at, and you can try my Stock-Lock. Try them all before you buy, if you have that option. What I like, doesn't mean that you will.

Take Care,

Matt Woodson

11. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

PFS only make them for avery select group of gun I shoot a BT100 since its not in production no PFS Jon same for My 90T same for My model 12 Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.