1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Recoil Reduction Units ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ramorton, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill, I have had several Counter-Coil's and one Gracoil. They both need to be set to your adjustment and then left alone. The Counter-Coil has to be serviced every twenty yrs. since it has transmission fluid in it for dampening. The springs in the Gracoil have to be changed, but I do not know how often. I would say, not often at all. Spring fatigue depends upon your volume of shooting. I liked both about the same. I really couldn't tell any difference in the recoil reduction of either unit. Both did a grat job on recoil reduction. For about $200.00 either will do you a good job. Hope this helps, Roy P.S. adj. pad can be installed on either

2. mt

mt Member

Earl4140,

i love to shoot trap, i'm a big guy, have taken a bunch of clinics with good instruction, read Roland's book and had a custom stock made....but still do not tolerate recoil well....not sure why, not sure what else to do....the recoil reducers seem to help....i agree they're not pretty but its better than not shooting.

3. zinger

zinger Member

three little words...Precision Fit Stock!

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Had a RAD on a Ceasar Guerini, and it did not tame the recoil like I expected. I have a PFS on my P-gun, and it works great, but looks like crap. I'm thinking about a Soft touch on my K-gun, but not sure it will work as good as the PFS.
    The K-gun has custom wood, and I am a "wood guy", but recoil has to be dealt with!

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Earl4140: After you've shot about a million rounds (shotgun, pistol, rifle + lisening to everone else pop caps), your brain will not like recoil or the noise very much. Then no matter what you do you will flinch or lift your head. Recoil never bothered me when I was young. But, it sure bothers me now. Hince, PFS system, over bored, 1oz. or 7/8's shells, ear plugs, muffs, ect. This seems to happen to just about everyone as they get older and have shot a great deal in their lives.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I recently had the opertunity to shoot a buddy's gun with one of Ken Rucker Bump-Buster's. That has to be one of the nicest, add-on, recoil systems out there. I have shot with a RAD, Graicoil, CounterCoil, G2, and PFS and find it as good as the G2 and nearly as good as the PFS.

I will have a Bumpbuster installed when Ken gets the version that attaches the comb to the reccoil system ready.

ec90t

7. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

weight is what works.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

fearlessfain, what you said, plus a good recoil reduction stock works even better on perceived recoil. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.