1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Reduction Systems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mwm86, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwm86

mwm86 Member

I have a browning citori with a factory Browning recoil reduction system, I am considering having a different system installed on it. My question is to those of you who may have experience with something like this, is what type of system would you recommend, and does anyone know a ballpark price of having something like this done. Thanks in advance for your advice and answers, Bret.

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I believe the PFS is probably the softest one, since it is adjustable not only for fit, but for recoil, too.

I have four of them, one on my wife's gun, three on my guns.

But, I just bought a new-to-me BT-99 with a RAD on it and it was a very, very soft shooter.

Bob

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Graycoil is the best value and does the job. I have had Brownings with their recoil system. The is nothing wrong with them. Perhaps a change in pitch or a soft comb or some help with your mount would better serve solving your problem. A good stock fitter would be my choice for your next step. Bruce

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Bumpbuster from Speedbump Stockworks.
    Jimmy

5. racer

racer TS Member

I have an adjustable RAD on my XT. I think I paid about 400 installed 7 years ago. A custom fitted stock would be my first choice but thats about a 4 times the money. Dan

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have a RAD II on my Beretta. Greg Hissem installed it several years ago before he retired. I believe it was just under $400 installed. With a bad back and bad shoulder its the best thing i did. I can shoot magnum loads all week long with no issues. Works as advertised.

[​IMG]

7. Erin Collins

Erin Collins TS Member

I have a G-squared (G2 Shockmaster) Recoil System. Check out the recent thread by the same name. I could not be happier with it.

8. James.c

James.c Member

Soft touch or g2 would be the best for the job in mmy opinion but they are more expensive than others.

James.C

9. traper78

traper78 TS Member

I have a new timmey replacement for the browning citori-plus this will fit with no drilling or cutting to you stock if your gun is citori-plus

10. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I have a XT combo, Rod Stumbo, (Rods Custom Stocks) installed a RAD2 for me, in Feb 2011, cost $450.00 best thing since sliced bread
    Dave B

11. SB4J

SB4J Member

Remington 1100. Recoil reduction system $500-$800 installed and they throw in a trap gun.

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

SB4J: It's Competition model which is not a trap gun per se, but I guess you can call any gun a trap gun if that's what you use it for. It does have an adj. comb.

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

SB4J: It's Competition model which is not a trap gun per se, but I guess you can call any gun a trap gun if that's what you use it for. It does have an adj. comb.

14. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

You know what is the best recoil reduction system....? Slower and smaller shells. 1 ounce for singles and dubs, light target 1145fps 1 1/8ounce for caps

15. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

WoodsonEnt is right on the money with his advise. Even 1 1/8 oz. loads don't punish you unless you try to add too much speed.

If you really want to try a recoil reduction device then go with the PFS....you will have the best recoil reduction & all sorts of adjustments that you can make to the stock. The other plus is that you can retain your untouched stock & put it back on if you ever wish to sell or trade your present gun.

Perhaps the greatest plus with the PFS is the customer service that you will get from Vern....he's always just a phone call away & is very patient with you questions.

I've had adjustable combs & recoil devices added to stocks & when I got ready to sell the gun how much more did I get for that gun? ZIP!

16. hydeal

hydeal Member

Bret,

Just thought I would offer you a possible alternative to your quest of a recoil system for your stock. This is a sliding comb system and below are a few photos of some stocks with prior adjustable combs where I’ve installed it on. One stock does not have the adjustable butt plate. Ignore the black comb hardware in the photo of the adjustable butt plate as that Beretta hardware was attached to the top slide plate so not to change the cosmetics of the original comb. The photo shows the amount of adjustment this custom plate allows for pad movement, as I am not confined to original butt pad mounting hole spacing. These allow more adjustability than any other on the market today. The link above in the web slot will take you to my updated price list and contact info. These systems at this time run about $550 plus return shipping with the 4-way comb, custom adjustable butt plate and new kick eez pad. Hope I’ve helped some Bret.

Scott / HPI

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Scott- How much weight does the system add? What method is used to reduce recoil (spring, air, hydraulic, ect)?

18. hydeal

hydeal Member

skeet man,

skeet man,

Anywhere from 4-6oz. It depends on whether the adjustable butt plate option is chosen where there wasn’t one before and the same with prior adjustable comb hardware. The HPI recoil system is all anodized aluminum and stainless steel including the fasteners.

This is a spring-operated system. Here in the northwest we have temps ranging from sub-zeros in winter to high 90’s and even low hundreds in the dead of summer. The compression rates of the spring system do not noticeably change where liquid or gas compression systems may be affected more, especially in the winter. Let me know if you have any further questions skeet man.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browing citori with recoil reduction
browning citori recoil reducing
browning recoil reduction system
browning shotgun recoil reduction systems
browning stock recoil device

shotgun recoil reduction systems

trap gun recoil systems

trap recoil reducer systems