1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil reduction systems for automatics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAD 303, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Who has a recoil reduction system on their auto and what company makes the best and lightest? I am researching to find a very lightweight system that works as advertised and does not alter the balance of the gun much. Some are just too heavy to use for a sporting application. Is air,hydraulics or springs the way to go?

2. Borderland

Borderland Member

Because of the recoil spring in the stock of many automatics the recoil reduction device must be kept short...Gracoil makes such a short one as does Danuser called a Comp Coil

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Speedbump also makes one.

4. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

I had Speedbumps install their AutoBuster on my UGB25

And I like it very much

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a G-Squared on a Beretta 390. Super soft shooting. Balance the same as stock. Great sporting gun. Only drawback is the G-Squared cost more than the gun!!

Jim Skeel

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

The lightest one that works for me is the ISIS system that is made in the UK and sold in the US. JM

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Beretta offers their "Beretta Recoil Reduction System" for their autoloaders that basically is a longer version of a Dead Mule reducer. I have one in my break-open gun and it is very effective but doesn't weigh a lot.

Ed

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The best is the G-squared as far as light and works great. Good thing are expensive. I have a Beretta 390 with a 30 inch barrel with a G-Squared I will sell for 1200 plus freight. The gun has fired maybe a case of shells. It is a sporting clays barrel and a sporting clays stock. That is a smoking deal as the g-Squared is almost 1000.00. Jeff

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I just weighed an Isis and an Autobuster on my digital scale. Both have been fitted and are almost identical in size. The Autobuster is 3 oz. heavier, but that includes an adjustable pad plate that the Isis DOES NOT have. Without that pad adjuster, there is less than an ounce of difference in the two. Couple that with the fact that my Autobuster is made of 6061-T6 aluminum alloy instead of plastic(Isis), it gives you and adjustable pad plate, comes with a lifetime warranty, costs about half of the Isis installed and is made in the GOOD 'OLE US of A and see what you think.
    Ken Rucker

10. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Shooters Emporium has an Ultra Lite SoftTouch recoil reduction system that we can easily install on your Automatic shotgun. We use an oil filled hydraulic cylinder that was designed specifically for shotgun recoil and is used exclusively by Shooter's Emporium. The SoftTouch system is the premiere system in the competition shooting industry and you can't beat the quality and asthetics of this system.

Give us a call so we can answer all your questions and make you a reservation for the installation.

800-323-7940

Beth
    Shooter's Emporium

11. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Brad, easy fix. Put a magnum barrell on that 303. Shoot the hot loads like they are 22 calibers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.