1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Reduction System F/S

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hydeal, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydeal

hydeal Member

These recoil devices operate in the same manner of a soft touch system except the front of the comb cannot extend beyond the original comb position and interfere with the thumb or upper palm. It has 3/4" of recoil into the stock and a 4-way adjustable comb that moves with the recoil. It operates with a spring-actuated piston and has a set compression based on the spring pressure. Using a different spring inside the piston cage can change the compression. The standard spring in this system works very well with what we consider a 16 yd load (AA, 18.2 clays, 1 oz) up to the AA super handicap. This system allows the gun to recoil back while the comb stays in position with your cheek. The comb has a total of 3/4" cast adjustment (side to side) and unlimited height adjustment depending on the posts ordered with it. Price for the hardware and custom fit installation to a stock is $395.00. Polishing was $55 extra. All stocks have met the ten-day turnaround or less from the time that we receive it and have it ready to ship out. If you are interested in the HPI recoil system installed on to your stock please email us with your questions or an updated detail price sheet with optional accessories. The link in the website box might not be printable so we can reply with a good form. We send donations to David for any sales referred from this forum.

Thanks, Scott

2. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

A fiend of mine had one installed ona Rem. 3200 and I had one installed on a Beretta 682 Gold E. We are more than satisfied with every aspect of the job and performance. I have two Soft Touch and three Precision Fit stocks and think this system is a real value.

Hank Cross

3. sunbroker

sunbroker TS Member

How does it work with an adjustable comb?

4. hydeal

hydeal Member

sunbroker,

The recoil device with the comb attached stays in place while the rest of the gun and stock recoils rearward up to 3\4".

Scott

5. smiley-1

smiley-1 TS Member

just got mine back today. looks just like the clyde slide. scott you did a nice job! and turn around was fast!

6. JonP

JonP Member

Hydeal,

Can you email me the fact sheet or leave number here.

I've got a severe cheek slap problem (funny face bone or something - anything that's not an autoloader -some of them too- that I premount and I get a cheek shiner with swelling). Will your system help me you think?

Thanks for any reply.

Jon P

7. hydeal

hydeal Member

Jon,

You got mail!

Scott

8. sunbroker

sunbroker TS Member

How do you attach the adjustable comb to the new recoil pad system?

Dwight

9. hydeal

hydeal Member

Dwight,

There are two 3\4" posts installed onto the top slide plate and sleeves are installed into the comb with soft tip set screws. Hope I read your question correctly. Slap me if I didn't!

Scott

10. AKAGrammar

AKAGrammar TS Member

3/4" posts and sleeves? Pretty substantial hardware I would say!

11. hydeal

hydeal Member

I'm sorry! I didn't do a very good job on explaining myself on this one. The posts are 3\8" in dia. and 3\4" tall unless you specify taller posts. You get aproximately 3\4" side to side for cast adjustment. I guess I read the question right but didn't come close to answering it correctly. Thank god it's Friday!

Scott

12. hydeal

hydeal Member

Chuck,

Above is a KX-5 that I completed for someone who had an adj. comb from the factory. This was a monte carlo stock but the cut went forward past the lift. I incorporated the comb hardware into the recoil system, installed a 100 straight pad adjuster and new KICK-EES butt pad. Customer wanted small piece of wood put back on to the lower rear of the comb. LOP was shortened for her also. I have completed aproximately 60 HPI recoil systems and 15 Adj. Combs.

Scott

13. sunbroker

sunbroker TS Member

Hi Scott,

What kind of pad do you put on the recoil system? The original or can you replace it with something else like Kick Eze or Gooey?

FYI - I don't think your link works in the first post...

Dwight

Hi Chuck,

I am going out Sunday to the range for the Hunter certificate class.

14. hydeal

hydeal Member

Chuck,

I carry the KICK-EEZ pad. The original can be used if the LOP will stay the same. If the stock is a monte carlo, sometimes the pad won't be tall enough if the stock butt cut goes back in to the higher part of the monte carlo. It is mostly a personal choice as the aluminum back plate can be angled to fit.

Scott

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

sunbroker

I think you are right about the link when I went to it it asked for me to install the language pack for chinesse.

But above the link is what i got.

Ok an update you have to click download the file after it asked me for the chinesse language pack.

Then if you have Adobe reader then it will bring up the pictures and text.

fog

16. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

mai i ask how much weight your recoil reducer adds to the stock? thanks. jm

17. hydeal

hydeal Member

jm,

9-12 oz. depending on the length of slide plate needed and the drop to the heel measurement. This includes the wood that is removed for installation.

Scott

18. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

thanks ffor the info. inow i need to decide which gun to have your system installed. jm

19. inv002

inv002 TS Member

Just got my 870 back from Scott Hyde. Turn around time was 8 days. Excellent job. Looks good, I would highly recomend Scott at hydeal.

Jim

20. Rich G

Rich G TS Member

I have two Clyde Slyde, and they sure look the same.
    Rich Green

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

custom recoil reducer in deer park wa

custom recoil system where comb is attached to the stock

hpi recoil system price & fact sheet

kick eez in dear park wa

recoil reduction system in deer park

recoil systen deer park wa