1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil reduction devices and inertia triggers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Play Dead, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

I'm curious about recoil reduction devices and their effect on the operation of an inertia trigger. Has anyone had issues with mercury, mechanical or stock modifications (like the PFS or Gracoil units) with regard to the operation of their inertia trigger when shooting doubles? If so, what type of countermeasure was employed to allow the use of the recoil reduction device?

Play Dead

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have not had any issues with inertia trigger on my Citori XT with the PFS in place. One thing I have noticed shooting Doubles with the PFS is the movement of the gun has affected my secound shot. My trigger hand sometimes does not stay with the grip. Its still new to me. I also think increasing the palm swell may help this?

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i have not, and i have shot super soft loads , down to 3/4 oz. 12 guage. my browning has a gracoil.

bill

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you have a problem you can increase the weight of the inertia block. You can use a small piece of lead tape attached to the side of the block. Swing weight tape available at your local golf pro shop works well. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gracoil inersha block problem