1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Reduction Browning Superposed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I have a Browning Superposed Broadway that kicks like a mule. Which would give the most recoil reduction for the money spent, forcing cone lengthening, or back boring? Thanks........

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I shot a Broadway for many years that was fitted with two Edward's Reducers in the butt stock. Maybe just the weight added but it sure cut the kick out of the Browning. With the weight added against my body, it didn't seem to change the swing at all. Should have hung on to that gun!

Big Jack

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Neither one will, plus you will ruin a great gun. JMO

Add more weight to the gun or lower payload weight and velocity, or all three.

Read the link.

Wayne

5. Martin_CA

Martin_CA Member

1oz loads, get the forcing cones done if they haven't been already, and get the gun to fit. If you're tall, you may need to lengthen the gun's LOP, and get a kickeez pad or similar,

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

Paul, to a certain few a Browning Broadway will kick you you so hard you will think you went 15 rounds with Mike Tyson and lost, should you have the original concave butt pad, that is a real culprit coupled with the wrong pitch, try this, loosen the pad, get a bunch of 1/16 plasric washers fom your hardware store, place one in the TOP screw, and shoot, if the recoil is a little less, put another 1/16 washer in top screw until the gun recoils straight back, NOT into you face annd shoulder. I still cary a small scar under my cheekbone from this, a great gun, bad stock pitch for some, incinerate em!

7. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

Some people claim that forcing cone lengthening does no good. What I do know
    is that lengthening forcing cones made 2 superposed go from unshootable to
    being able to shoot all day for me. It worked the best on these guns than
    any other I have had it done to.
    Gary Owen

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If you bought the gun new, screwing with the barrel internals will void the lifetime warranty. I added 20 ounces of lead filled copper tubing in mine via drilling a hole in the stock.Shoots like a BB gun now in the felt recoil department!! Tamed down the felt recoil tremendously!!

Hap

9. Erik W

Erik W Member

I shot a Superposed "DUCK" full/full for a few years gunning in flushing dog field trials. Had forcing cones lengthened to MAX. Gun shot like a dream and recoil was reduced. This was shooting whatever sponsoring club provided all official guns to shoot.... usually 1 1/8 #6 A...K...ers. W/O modifcation, old supers are harsh! Eventually moved on to LW K80.

10. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I have several Broadways. The one that kicks has not had the forcing cones removed. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.