1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil reducers price difference

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does anyone know how much a "Softtouch" recoil reducer costs in comparison to a Gra-Coil??? Just the unit, no installation. Thanks, Bulge.

2. Oldgunsarebetter

Oldgunsarebetter TS Member

I've been looking myself. The plain gracoil I found about 165$. The softtouch around 725$.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You won't get a Gracoil Recoil Reducer installed for no $165. I would be scared of what the installation would look like for that price. Maybe a Gracoil adjuster for that.

4. Oldgunsarebetter

Oldgunsarebetter TS Member

Thats just the unit, no install.

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

The price reflects the quality of the product and the reduction in recoil...no comparison.

JON

6. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Mike, i have a few MX Soft Touch stocks but, Vickie has been very sick and i have not had time to check out my 90T wood for another poster. I will check as soon as possible. If you are looking for a MX stock with a Soft Touch. Joe joe90t

7. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just got a quote from them, Soft Touch, for 1295.00 14 weeks out, will call me and let me know in Feb. or March when to ship stock and receiver. One to two weeks turn around. She quoted me the wrong price since I will not need a 4 way comb. Nice people and should be a good product according to other shooters. They remove .821 from your stock. They must be busy or real lazy to have that long of a lead time. Seems like everyone likes the product with little maintenance. We'll see what happens. I had a Gracoil and liked it. Much less expensive with less wood removable. Roy

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have had most of them and I just had a soft touch put on my new Kolar and by far the best there is but then again they are by far the most expensive but when the cheek piece doesn't move with recoil it is a pleasure to shoot to say the least. Almost cheating.

9. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Try a PFS

10. IMGRV

IMGRV TS Member

grntitan: Thanks for another valuable, well thought-out contribution to the forum that proves you did not and/or cannot read what the original poster wrote. What would we ever do without your scintillating remarks? Do I really need to be a member for 3+ years to have worthy input here as you noted previously? Obviously you just proved that theory wrong...have a nice day.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey, we all make mistakes, no need to get your panties in a knot. Bulge.

12. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Soft touch is the way to go..the comb doesnt move on your face. You wont be sorry. There is a list..call them to get your name on the list..when your que is up they will call you. You ship your stock and receiver to them. This limits the time you are without your gun.. Do it and dont look back..

13. ejg

ejg Member

By far, Soft-Touch is IMO the best. They are only a three man operation but the customer service is beyond compare,

14. Duck

Duck Member

IMHO, Clyde slide or Slick slide.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Careful now, price isn't the only indicator of quality. Some designs are simply more economical to construct, and price sometimes comes down as volume lowers the factory's production costs.

The Gracoil is nothing fancy but it is certainly a proven, economical, quality product with solid factory support. Its travel is only about 5/16 of an inch, so the comb movement doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I really LIKE feeling that little bit of movement across my cheek because when I miss a bird it instantly tells me if I came out of the gun (because I didn't feel that little bit of tell-tale comb movement).

Besides, if you call Graco and sweet-talk them I'm sure they'd be willing to charge you $1295 ;)

-Gary

16. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I spent my money on a Clyde slide and a Ken Ruckers bump buster. I am more than happy with both of them, and they are a lot less than the figures jumping around in this post.

17. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Hi All and Happy New Year !!

I need to chime in here. First and foremost, WE ARE NOT LAZY. Rob and Steve work Mon-Fri, some Saturdays and almost every Sunday to keep up with the output. I take offense to any one who suggests we are lazy here.

Our reservation queue for SoftTouch installations is 14-15 weeks out because so many people want it installed in their stock. Our warrant is beyond reproach and IMO we have the best recoil system available today. We created the first-in-first-out reservation queue to provide an orderly and fair service to everyone. Each installation is custom to the stock and our customer's spec and desired upgrades. We measure, measure and measure again before we make any cuts on our customer’s wood. We have a small, yet efficient team and precision is key to performance. We can not and will not just slap this system into a stock. We have been in business for over 30 years because of our quality, which takes time and attention to detail. The SoftTouch system will give you years and years of low maintenance and high performance. If you want something quick and cheap, have your local gunsmith install a Gracoil or a Counter Coil. Then we will talk to you in a year or so when it fails or you are still feeling the kick. We have a big bone pile of other recoil systems we removed for our customer’s; then we install the SoftTouch. We work very hard to meet all of our customer's expectation and to build and install a reliable and efficient system in each stock we service.

You can not just buy the parts so the SoftTouch price includes installation. No way to get around that.

SoftTouch installs in an uncut (no comb) stock start at $765; $800 for semi-autos. Options and upgrades are additional. 4-way comb upgrade is $225. UltraLite upgrade is $290.

SoftTouch installs in a stock with an existing comb is $1055. We have to back fill and prep the stock to build around the existing 4-way but the comb will still work all 4 ways. Options like UltraLite - $290 - are extra because they take more labor and the parts are more expensive.

Beth – SoftTouch Custom Stocks

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

They built a McDonalds down the street in half that time, LOL.

-Gary

19. multifired

multifired Member

I am a happy very satisfied Soft-Touch customer. My experience was just as Beth explained above. I really appreciated their reservation/queue system and in my case it worked just as described. I had several questions about the installation and Beth was more then happy to answer them promptly and to my complete satisfaction. Gary, I don't know what your problem is but I don't recall seeing McDonalds being build in a week or even two. If you are satisfied with another product that is great but they do not all work the same way. RAmorton I am sure you will be pleased with the finished product and it would be interesting to know you reaction after using the Soft-Touch. Tom

20. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Beth -
    Well said and well done! Best of luck and success to you folks in the new year.
    Michael Gregory
    G-Squared

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.