1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RECOIL PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by G-12, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Last year my Browning 12 gauge O/U didn't kick a lick! This year it's kicking the snot out of me!!! Jaw bruised and I'm flinching like mad in anticipation of the kick. I'm still shooting the same type of shells and nothing has changed with the gun. But I don't understand what has changed since last year. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Have you gained or loss much weight? It sounds like the gun mount has changed some how or some where.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Had the same problem . Shooting a Browning O/U in Florida all winter recoil is just fine . Came bark up north in the spring and the dam thing kicks like mule .

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have taken some time off between the time it did not kick and the fact that it kicks now. The change that took place was with you, either in weight loss or gain, or you have simply forgot how to hold you gun. It may be something ever so slight, you may not even notice it, such as streching you neck, or holding it straight and erect, leaning into the gun or standing ram rod straight, holding your elbows straight and level or tucked into your body.

Are you shooting with a new vest or shirt you did not use last year?

Best way to find out is to hold your gun down waist level, close your eyes and bring the gun up to your normal mount, then open your eyes and look for alignment of your beads. Try it several times. If they are not lined up, this is an indication your gun does not fit. This may not be the answer to your problem, but it is a very best way to start and identify the most important part of the problem.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Your lifting your head.

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

G-12 Give Dennis Devault a call 330-456-6070 on Monday he will be at the Cardinal Center maybe you can get together and he can help you no doubt. Pat.k.

7. John391

John391 TS Member

If you can not solve your problem purchase a Beretta 391. john

8. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Ben,

If your weight has remained the same, the reason you are experiencing objectionable felt recoil now is that you are shooting differently than you did last year.

One or more elements of your shooting form has changed. It could be the way you mount your gun or due to a change in your shooting posture or even your stance. It's impossible to say for sure what's causing the recoil but you changed something.

Rollin

9. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

G-12 AS I said before give Dennis a call On Monday he deals with this everyday he will help you and you're problem won't be a guessing game and take month's to fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.