1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil: PFS vs 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shipbuilder, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

Which would you expect to have less recoil with 1oz Gun Club/STS loads:

1. Perrazi 34"unsingle, standard bore (.720"I think), choke tubes and PFS or

2. Remington 1100, .740" Bore,Choke tubes Mercury reducer ?

Jim

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Jim,

I'm shooting an 1100 with a Soft Touch recoil system and 1" Pachmayr Pad.
    30" Ported & Bored Full Fixed Choke...even have a Timney Release Trigger
    for it.

There's so little recoil I can shoot it all day. Shot 6 rounds on Sunday and could have gone another couple...I've shot them all...but I still shoot my 1100 better than anything else and it's the LEAST expensive guy I own!

Smok'n Joe

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've only shot a couple PFS stocked guns but many 1100s and other semi-autos. There's nothing can match the gas guns for less felt recoil if weight and stock fit is there.

Smok'n Joe's semi-auto is the ultimate!! Do a comparison test for yourself and then decide when using the same loads?

Hap

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Hap,

I shoot a light #8 for 16 yards...tried same load for sporting clays on Sunday and I had some cylcing issues. Kemen light #8s just will not cycle...not sure if it's the krimp or diameter of the shell, but about 30% of the second shots would not cycle properly. Shooting 16 yard singles was no problem. Regular
    load #7 1/2s for 27 yard handicap is my preference.

I don't know why, but I've always shot the 1100 well and better than any O/U or SBT that I've owned...go figure!

Smok'n Joe

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have not shot a PFS but I know an older gent that shoots one on a BT99 and he shoots 1 3/8 to 1 1/2 oz big shells for games and can shoot them all day long. Tht should tell ya something

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

No... Mine is the ultimate in soft recoil!!!!

Remington 11000 action.

J&S air cushion recoil system on stock. Recoil pad is a 1- inch thick Kick EEZZ

Morton recoil reduction system in magazine tube.

Barrel is a 30" Stan baker Big bore .800 Diameter barrel. Ported by Magna -Port.

This system is the ultimate as far as I am concerned. For sale as well. Jeff

8. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've shot both & owned both. I find the recoil on the 1100 to be very soft, much softer than the Beretta (which is a pretty soft recoiling gun itself) and my 1100s have never had any recoil device on them.

That Precision stock's felt recoil (I own two of them on two Perazzis w/34 inch barrels) is much, much softer than the 1100.

What's great about the PFS is that you can "tune" the stock to give you less or more recoil very easily.

Bob

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Aw heck. Why not put a PFS on an 1100, and then you'd get negative recoil!

The gun would jump away from your shoulder when you pull the trigger!

10. RJ

RJ TS Member

Been shooting Remington 1100 now for about five years. Have never shot anything else other then an 870 Wingmaster. With the desise and other problems I have the 1100 does me great. My wife owned an 1100 and loved it. Eyes gone so bad she can't see the targets as good as she used to. I was shooting the 870 Wingmaster at the time and shooting it very well I might add. Still have the 870 but the recoil of the 1100 is just a powder puff. Can and have shot them many times up to 600 rounds or so in a day, and no sore shoulder like I had when shooting the 870. Rich: innameonly!!!

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I own a few PFS stocks.. My ultimate softest shooting gun is the 391 with a Rucker Bumpbuster on it.. My model 50 is right behind it.. While the PFS takes up a HUGE amount of recoil.. the automatic spreads it out over a much longer period of time... While I shoot my PFS for everything...I've answered the question correctly.. Super X Jeffs setup would be very much the same as mine.. and about as soft as you're going to get.. IMHO.. Mike

12. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

PFS is less recoil than 1100! Lite loads in 1100 cause cycling problems. Jim

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

When you add a rads,Bumpbuster.. or any other good recoil reduction system.. AND a nice thick soft recoil pad..there is no need for light loads.. A standard 3 dram 1 oz.. has very,very,little recoil..in a 1100/390/391

It is true however.. that with a really light shell..you'll have problems with the auto.. where the PFS does not know the difference..

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I shot an 870 with a Soft Touch and the recoil was a bit less than my 1187. It's a viable alternative to a gas automatic, but it ain't cheap. At the time an 1187 and a Soft Touch installed were very close in price.

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The add on recoil reducers that move back taking your trigger hand with them all do the same thing to me, make that wrist hurt. With gas guns like the beloved and never bested 1100, everything moves together like Newton intended. It' an unwritten law that Newton can never ever be doubted, even way back then his theories were all perfection, or at least on ts.com.

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Youse guys really need to talk to that older gent named Wambat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 recoil system

remington 1100 recoil reducers

remington 1100 recoil vs merkel recoil