1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shuck M., Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuck M.

Shuck M. Member

Hi,
    I've got a quick question. I haven't bought a new recoil pad in ages. Need one for a friend's o/u. What's the word on the best non-adjustable fixed recoil pad for trap AND sporting? Pachmayr 550, KickEez? Not looking for anything fancy but something in the old red color would be nice. And where would you buy it?
    Thanks so much!

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Shuck, I like the Kick-Eez pads. I think that reduce the recoil better and do help with more consistant gun mounting. They come in different thicknesses 1/2" 3/4" and up. They do need to be ground down to fit your gun by hand. You might need a gunsmith to do this for you, or not. You can buy at Gamaliel or Brownell's or the like. I am not sure if they come in many color choices. You can get many different styles for your shooting. They even have one with a 45 degree bevel at top for easy low gun shooting at sporting clays. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Try Limbsaver Grind to Fit recoil pads.

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Well, Shuck, I'm a diehard Gooey pad lover. The softest shooter I've found.

The nice thing is, you have several manufacturers and styles to choose from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.