1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pads<< How Importent to get Right One?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by C H S, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C H S

C H S TS Member

I have a box full of pads (26) I tried and rejected over the past couple of years. Most of them are Kickeez and all have been modified somehow. I tried the Trap pad, the All-purpose pad the Rocker pad and finally the Modified trap pad. My least favorite is the Rocker pad and I have settled on the Modified Trap pad as the one I will use. There are 4 in the box which have all been reshaped somehow and the fifth is on the gun. I have finally found a shape that feels good even after 500 targets.

Don't be afraid to reshape the pads to get rid of pressure points.

Andy

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Drew, I went from a Gooey to a KickEez and had Phil round the toe so it doesn't dig in. This always finds the sweet spot in my shoulder pocket while the Gooey was not consistent. Maybe I will see you at the Pacific Grand.

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Before replacing a recoil pad to reduce recoil to either the shoulder or cheek, I would recommend the pitch on the stock to make sure the toe isn't sticking out too far and the cast at the toe to make sure the toe of the pad isn't digging into your shoulder.

Many shooters benefit from rotating the toe outward toward the arm pit.

Rollin

4. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I tried a Gooey pad which are nice. The shape of the pad, didn't fit me. It hurt worse more than helped. Get one that feels good to you, no matter what brand. Matt

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The best, by far of any pad I've put on a gun is the LimbSaver. Beats a Kick-Eez all to pieces.

6. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

The problem I have with trap dude and rocker is that the pitch of the gun is changing with the pad and the gooey is so soft you cannot tell how much. I am a fan of using a flat pad and pitch spacers if required. So for a flat pad, I use Kick-eez. They have multiple thickness available. Just like many others, I do not grind them, I leave them full size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.