1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I want to replace my recoil pad on my 682. (trap) I have been looking at the Pachmayr 990 Triple Mag. They state it is 1.5" thick. It seems that this would assist in a lot of recoil reduction. Anyone have one of these? Thanks. Ed

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You might want to consider the Kick-ezz rocker, I relaced all my other Kick-ezz with this style, comfort & fit are much improved.

Phil Berkowitz

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have all the Kick-Eez red recoils pads. I bought out their entire inventory of colored pads a while back.

Different sizes and thicknesses are available.

Whiz

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

try a trap dude rocker pad??

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

i use KickEez 500 series pads (the thickest) on both my guns....they work.

6. John391

John391 TS Member

The very thick recoil pads(1.5) weigh enough to change the balance of of your gun and I think thicker than 1 inch you get very little added benefit. Seminole gun works(Mims fl) does an excellent job of installing Kick-Ezz pads. John

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

You may want to consider the new Limbsaver recoil pad that is prefit to your gun. It just screws right on. JM

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The recoil you feel is not the recoil pad. It the pitch of the gun. Have a gun smith look at the fit of the gun for you.

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I have a Kickeez pad on my 682 but it's mounted to a Soft Touch recoil reducer. If I didn't have the Soft Touch then I would have bought a Gooey or Super Gooey pad by trapdude.com.

10. kbud

kbud Member

Since no one can answer your question, I will. Yes, I had a couple of them,I beleive they were called white line or something. Yes they work very well. A lot of recoil absorbtion. The only thing I didn't like was the gun moved a lot in my shoulder. Subsequently I moved to trap dude gooey rifle pad. It worked better for me. Good Luck!

11. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I'm not really having a recoil problem. The gun has a 1" Pachmayr on it now. It is getting old and I'd like to replace it. The Pachmayr 990 looked like it would really soften recoil with its 1.5" thick pad. Maybe I will consider going to a Kick Eez. I see they make a 1 1/8" pad. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooters recoil pad