1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shuck M., Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuck M.

Shuck M. Member

Hi folks,
    I still can't decide on a good recoil pad. I ordered a Pachmayr T550 but it wasn't close to being flat on the stock side and would've required removing an excessive amount of the hard plastic at the toe and heel to make it flat. At $42 bucks, I returned it. I guess I could've heated it up and bent it but i' not sure if it would've stayed flat.

The use will be trap AND some sporting. Recoil absorbtion isn't the priority. I just want something that will not flatten if stored on the butt, classic looks, durable, red or brown color would be nice. I have a jig so that's not a problem.

What's a nice quality pad???

Thanks again!!!

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i take an old tennis shoe from my 5 year old grandson and cut of the rubber and epoxy it on my stock and put two 4 inch screws with washers. looks nice and it is flat.
    steve balistreri

3. Shuck M.

Shuck M. Member

C'mon, really. Or are recoil pads not that important.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have found that Kickeez makes just the pad you are looking for. It's called a model 403 modified trap pad. I have one on all my shotguns and they work exactly as advertised. Click on the website above. The best pad I have ever used, and, yes, the correct recoil pad is very important.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.