1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pad ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FarmerD, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Limbsaver pads remove most of the felt recoil, and the customer service is next to none. FD

2. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    The pad that you describe is a Pachmayr trap pad with a 'pigeon' face. You see these most often on new Kreighoffs. My experience over the last 15 years is that, even among trapshooters, 95% of the shooters who purchase a gun with one of these on it will have it changed out right away. I've learned to keep two or three on hand though, because to the very very few shooters who like this pad, anything else is a compromise. I'd have it changed to what you are used to and what you like. As far as a curved pad, there are some of us who have the right pocket in their shoulder to be comfortable with a pad with this much curve, but by and large I think most shooters (including Trap) seem more comfortable with something flatter. Kick-eez pads are very popular and have a number of different shapes including a curved pad which is very shallow by comparison. Just be aware that as you go to the thiker Kick-eez pads they can start to become a bit heavy (gun balance??) Of the people who don't like Kick-eez, the most common reason is a complaint that they are too 'stickey'. These people seem to be in the minority (and most probably shoot sporting clays). Of those who feel this way, most will opt for the Pachmayr Decelerator with the plastic heel. My advice would be to look around your club. There are a lot of great pads to choose from. I'd look for sure at Trapdude, Pachmayr has a number of other pads, and as FarmerD said, I've heard a lot of good things said about Limbsaver. I hope this helps, good luck! -Mike

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That curved pad is the pad skeet shooters like the best. HMB

4. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

hooptied, if you are going to shoot that pad, you will need to use a vest or shooting shirt with built in quilting on your gun mount shoulder. I say this because as those little "treads" collapse under recoil, they will grip. Without extra padding, what they will grip is your skin. Biggest area will be the treads on the inside edge of the pad. If you shoot with a pad like that at a multiple day shoot, you will be looking for a vest before the big handicap on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.