1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pad style choice for women

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by highrib, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highrib

highrib Member

Ladies,

What style of recoil pad do you use(concave,flat,etc.)? Do you use pitch spacers or have you had the pitch altered on your gun?

Billy Wood

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rocker is good if they have fair sized boobs (maybe "breasts" would be a bit more PC?).

3. 100straight

100straight Member

I've helped some ladies get comfortable shooting, and it isn't so much the recoil pad that is most important. Most ladies have an issue with the toe of the recoil pad digging into a sensitive area adjacent to their armpit, so they tend to cant the gun with the toe out to alleviate that issue. Installing a gracoil with pad adjuster and adjusting the pad so that the toe is turned out, and not digging into their inner armpit area will be a great help. Also, use a soft pad like a Gooey or Kickeez just to soften the recoil.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. 3357

3357 Member

My wife likes the rocker (kick-eez). Hers is mounted on a jones adjuster with the toe out a bit.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Billy,

I agree with those above. Both the correct pitch and the possible need for cast at the toe (toe-out) can be very important for women, more-so than for men.

Personally, I favor soft pads for women because the flesh that the toe of pads contact is more sensitive than the same area on a man's chest or adjacent to the armpit.

I also believe in the greater importance of a shooting vest for women and the greater importance of a good in-vest recoil pad like Browning's Reactor vest pad (which can be bought separately for about $20, complete with a sew-in mesh bag that can be sewn into any vest.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.