1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil pad slips on shoulder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishguts, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishguts

fishguts Member

Is there a product that can be applied to the face of a recoil pad to keep it from slipping on your shoulder? Seems I heard somewhere about some kind of spray.

Thanks,

Wayne

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

time for a new one

3. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Wayne I don't know of anything but put on a new Kickeeze pad and I guarantee it want move.
    Carey

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Competitive rifle shooters do use a spray. Champions Choice in Lavergne Tennessee is a good source. Service rifle shooters are forced to use the military style metal butt plates so the sticky spray is the only way they can go. I agree with those above that recommend a new pad, as shotgunners do not have restrictions against that. Kick Eze is a good one, but there are lots of other good ones too. Good Luck

5. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Take rubbing alcohol and rub on it if it is just hard and slick this will help. If that doesn't work buy a new one.

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

I have kick-eze pads on lots of guns, best pad I've used. The pad in question is on a Win.M12 two pin trap, it's all original and I would like to shoot it with the original pad. Thanks for the replies.

Wayne

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Get a new Winchester replacement pad. Wont last but it'll work for a while. The only thing I've ever seen that will tack up a real rubber pad is a product "Bleach White". It wont last either but it takes just a few drops for a pad and you can redo it over and over. Those old red pads got awfully hard. Good luck.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've scuffed the face of older pads with some sandpaper to get them grip a little. It doesn't take much, as I recall using 200 grit with very little pressure.

ss

9. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

When my golf grips get slick, I use full strength Simple Green on them and they go back to being tacky. I just tried some Simple Green on an old Beretta recoil pad that I have and it seemed to do the same thing. Worth a try.
    Mark

10. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

fishguts, if you where a jacket as i do when i shoot trap get the pad done in revese leather ( rough side out ) and it will never slide again!!! easy fix and looks good.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I agree with Fishguts, but it's bird season coming and I'd like to shoot my 20 ga SxS that has the correct period pad, the orange smooth faced one. I'd like to keep the pad, although on second thought, we have a resident wizard here that I'll have put on a temporary pad for the bird season. Shoot often while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.